Hauppauge USB PVR. Voltage?

Hi group,

My quite new Hauppauge WinTV-PVR USB2 has given up on me.
It sems to be the power adapter that has gone south. At least I
can not measure any voltage at all in the cable.

Suddenly I am having doubts if maybe I have mistaken the
adapter for another one. Don´t we all have dozens of quite
similar looking power adpters. Most of them carrying no
markings to indicate which gadget it is meant for.

The one I have been using, at least for several hours, is
marked to output 6V 1.66A.

Would you happen to know if that is the correct one?

The Hauppauge web site is quite useless for such details.

Lars, Stockholm
1 answer Last reply
More about hauppauge voltage

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:16:13 GMT, Lars@fake.com wrote:

    >Hi group,
    >
    >My quite new Hauppauge WinTV-PVR USB2 has given up on me.
    >It sems to be the power adapter that has gone south. At least I
    >can not measure any voltage at all in the cable.
    >
    >Suddenly I am having doubts if maybe I have mistaken the
    >adapter for another one. Don´t we all have dozens of quite
    >similar looking power adpters. Most of them carrying no
    >markings to indicate which gadget it is meant for.
    >
    >The one I have been using, at least for several hours, is
    >marked to output 6V 1.66A.
    >
    >Would you happen to know if that is the correct one?
    >
    >The Hauppauge web site is quite useless for such details.
    >

    >Lars, Stockholm
    The power brick on my Win TV-PVR USB2 is not the standard square
    type...it is longer and thinner and higher than the standard square
    types...
    Glenn M

    A GREAT DAY FOR FREEDOM...Pink Floyd

Tuner Cards Hauppauge Graphics