Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How to change my ip address in windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
December 30, 2010 4:09:32 PM

Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings > Right Click Appropriate Adapter > TCP/IP Version 4 > Click Radio Button for Setting Your Own IP > OK
December 30, 2010 7:21:30 PM

To change IP address in Windows 7 please follow these steps:

* "Start" - "All Programs", "Accessories" and right click on "Command Prompt" and then chose "Run as Administrator"
* or
* "Start" and then type in "Search" field "cmd"
* Right click on "cmd.exe" and then chose "Run as Administrator"
* Type "ipconfig /release"
* type "ipconfig /renew"

To change IP address automatically in Windows 7 follow these steps:

* "Start" and then go to "Control Panel"
* Left click on "Network and Internet" and then choose "Network and Sharing Center"
* On the left side choose "Change adapter settings"
* Right click on your network card and from the drop-down choose "Properties"
* Under the "Networking" tab
* Choose "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" or "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" and then click on "Properties"
* In next window you have option between "Obtain an IP Address Automatically" and "Use the following IP Address"
* You need almost always to select "Obtain an IP Address Automatically" to change IP address automatically
* Finally click on "OK" and your IP address should be changed

Source: http://www.ipaddresslocation.org/change-ip-address.shtm...

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team
Related resources
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
December 30, 2010 7:40:14 PM

It would be interesting to know why you want to change your IP address. I'm not convinced that either of the soultions given are going to solve your real problem.
December 30, 2010 11:45:39 PM

No matter how much you run they'll always get you is what ijack is trying to say, am i right?
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
December 31, 2010 7:53:56 AM

I'm guessing that the desire is to avoid some restriction placed on a particular IP address. Changing the address on the computer isn't going to alter that; the router is another question, but it may not be so easy to change the address there.
December 31, 2010 4:41:50 PM

You can change the IP address assigned by your router: 192.168.x.x

However if you want to change your ISP IP address, that you don't have control. If there is some restriction on your ISP Ip , then you can always use a proxy.
!