SIGMA VIDEO CAMERA W/ FOVEON X75v....Tomorrow the official..

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.video.desktop,aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.video.production (More info?)

This new Foveon sensor is based on X3 technology and records 3 levels
of colour like movie film. 3 chips will not be needed to give the same
quality as a 3 chip high end Sony. Look for the announcement tomorrow.
They will announce a new Sigma video camera and the new Foveon X75v
sensor.

"Jorge Prediguez" <jorge@iamgr8.com> wrote in message
> This new Foveon sensor is based on X3 technology and records 3 levels
> of colour like movie film. 3 chips will not be needed to give the same
> quality as a 3 chip high end Sony. Look for the announcement tomorrow.
> They will announce a new Sigma video camera and the new Foveon X75v
> sensor.

Gee George, does that mean you'll be spamming the NG with more garbage under
yet another screen name?

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.video.desktop,aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.video.production (More info?)

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Jorge Prediguez <jorge@iamgr8.com> wrote:
^^^^^

ah. the oall-telling poster name

> This new Foveon sensor is based on X3 technology and records 3 levels
> of colour like movie film. 3 chips will not be needed to give the same

unlike 4 different colours like say our beloved Fuji print films?

> quality as a 3 chip high end Sony. Look for the announcement tomorrow.
> They will announce a new Sigma video camera and the new Foveon X75v
> sensor.

It would be so very nice if you stopped posting to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

At least until such time when foveon starts making 35mm film.

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.video.production,alt.ozdebate (More info?)

No.

In message <d38ab2c0.0406300450.2781cb8b@posting.google.com>,
jorge@iamgr8.com (Jorge Prediguez) wrote:

>This new Foveon sensor is based on X3 technology and records 3 levels
>of colour like movie film.

I wouldn't be surprised if the current 3.43MP X3 records 3 levels of
blue and green, blurs the hue, and gets the luminance directly from the
red channel, because that's what the images look like.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <JPS@no.komm>

JPS@no.komm wrote in message news:<591ae09vi4m9ng3ueg60eb6bnburc5nev3@4ax.com>...
> In message <d38ab2c0.0406300450.2781cb8b@posting.google.com>,
> jorge@iamgr8.com (Jorge Prediguez) wrote:
>
> >This new Foveon sensor is based on X3 technology and records 3 levels
> >of colour like movie film.
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if the current 3.43MP X3 records 3 levels of
> blue and green, blurs the hue, and gets the luminance directly from the
> red channel, because that's what the images look like.

The precise spectral response of the 10M is published all over the
web, same for the 5M.

http://www.hanvision.com/contents/products/HVDUO3-10M_June_20_2004_HVC.pdf

That is exactly why the Foveon Pro 10M used in the SIgma SD9 and SD10
are also used for exacting scientific applications like the above,
while Bayers never are as the data they present is 75% made up during
interpolatative color processing. That's right, every pixel color in
every Bayer image is 75% guessed, while 100% of every pixel color in a
Foveon image was measured with perfect quantum accuracy precisely as
presented, much like the time keeping accuracy of an atomic
clock--absolutely perfect, all the time.

In article <e61e09e9.0407020402.33e2594d@posting.google.com>, George
Preddy <george_preddy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> That is exactly why the Foveon Pro 10M used in the SIgma SD9 and SD10
> are also used for exacting scientific applications like the above,
> while Bayers never are as the data they present is 75% made up during
> interpolatative color processing. That's right, every pixel color in
> every Bayer image is 75% guessed, while 100% of every pixel color in a
> Foveon image was measured with perfect quantum accuracy precisely as
> presented, much like the time keeping accuracy of an atomic
> clock--absolutely perfect, all the time.

How do you keep a straight face with this bullshit?

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.video.desktop,aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.video.production (More info?)

"George Preddy" <george_preddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
SNIP
> The precise spectral response of the 10M is published all over
> the web, same for the 5M.
>
>http://www.hanvision.com/contents/products/HVDUO3-10M_June_20_2004_HVC.pdf

Which indicates that e.g. green (550 nm wavelength) is seen as 49% blue,
63%green, and 45% red. That means the color is VERY desaturated and massive
postprocessing is needed to get a usable color (but with lots of noise).
The above implementation is also only 30-bits digital color output!

Bart

"Bart van der Wolf" <bvdwolf@no.spam> wrote in message news:<40e56ef0$0$36860$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>...
> "George Preddy" <george_preddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> SNIP
> > The precise spectral response of the 10M is published all over
> > the web, same for the 5M.
> >
> >http://www.hanvision.com/contents/products/HVDUO3-10M_June_20_2004_HVC.pdf
>
> Which indicates that e.g. green (550 nm wavelength) is seen as 49% blue,
> 63%green, and 45% red.

The ideal spectral response curves overlay the Foveon curves almost
precisely (which is intentional of course), that is why Foveon is the
only option for scientitfically perfect work. Colors are quantum
accurate, all Bayer colors are guessed--100% of the output pixles are
totally wrong, thus all Bayer images are of exactly zero scientific
value.

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm JPS@no.komm wrote:
> In message <d38ab2c0.0406300450.2781cb8b@posting.google.com>,
> jorge@iamgr8.com (Jorge Prediguez) wrote:
>
> >This new Foveon sensor is based on X3 technology and records 3 levels
> >of colour like movie film.
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if the current 3.43MP X3 records 3 levels of
> blue and green, blurs the hue, and gets the luminance directly from the
> red channel, because that's what the images look like.

LOL. 9-bit colour :cool: a whopping 128 different colours! excellent match to
the colour screen of your first-gen colour screen mobile phone.

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++

> "Bart van der Wolf" <bvdwolf@no.spam> wrote in message
> > "George Preddy" <george_preddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > SNIP
> > > The precise spectral response of the 10M is published all over
> > > the web, same for the 5M.
> > >

>http://www.hanvision.com/contents/products/HVDUO3-10M_June_20_2004_HVC.pdf
> >
> > Which indicates that e.g. green (550 nm wavelength) is seen as 49% blue,
> > 63%green, and 45% red.
>
> The ideal spectral response curves overlay the Foveon curves almost
> precisely (which is intentional of course), that is why Foveon is the
> only option for scientitfically perfect work. Colors are quantum
> accurate, all Bayer colors are guessed--100% of the output pixles are
> totally wrong, thus all Bayer images are of exactly zero scientific
> value.

They can't be totally wrong and I can prove it. Just take a picture and
make them more wrong, which wouldn't be possible if they were totally wrong.
Then the picture will become unrecognizable.

In message <020720040637144949%rag@nospam.techline.com>,
Randall Ainsworth <rag@nospam.techline.com> wrote:

>In article <e61e09e9.0407020402.33e2594d@posting.google.com>, George
>Preddy <george_preddy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> That is exactly why the Foveon Pro 10M used in the SIgma SD9 and SD10
>> are also used for exacting scientific applications like the above,
>> while Bayers never are as the data they present is 75% made up during
>> interpolatative color processing. That's right, every pixel color in
>> every Bayer image is 75% guessed, while 100% of every pixel color in a
>> Foveon image was measured with perfect quantum accuracy precisely as
>> presented, much like the time keeping accuracy of an atomic
>> clock--absolutely perfect, all the time.

>How do you keep a straight face with this bullshit?

He actually believes it. SteveGeorge believes that if you arrange words
in a certain way, you can conjure up any reality you want.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <JPS@no.komm>

"FLY135" <fly_135(@ hot not not)notmail.com> wrote in message news:<_miFc.23132$bs4.6774@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> "George Preddy" <george_preddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > "Bart van der Wolf" <bvdwolf@no.spam> wrote in message
> > > "George Preddy" <george_preddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > SNIP
> > > >

> http://www.hanvision.com/contents/products/HVDUO3-10M_June_20_2004_HVC.pdf
> > >
> > > Which indicates that e.g. green (550 nm wavelength) is seen as 49% blue,
> > > 63%green, and 45% red.
> >
> > The ideal spectral response curves overlay the Foveon curves almost
> > precisely (which is intentional of course), that is why Foveon is the
> > only option for scientitfically perfect work. Colors are quantum
> > accurate, all Bayer colors are guessed--100% of the output pixles are
> > totally wrong, thus all Bayer images are of exactly zero scientific
> > value.
>
> They can't be totally wrong and I can prove it. Just take a picture and
> make them more wrong, which wouldn't be possible if they were totally wrong.
> Then the picture will become unrecognizable.

75% guessed pixels using values that are interpolated smack dab
between their two neighbors isn't unrecognizable, it is just horribly
low optical resolution.

You don't understand any of this.

Someone

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.video.desktop,aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.video.production (More info?)

"George Preddy" <george_preddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Bart van der Wolf" <bvdwolf@no.spam> wrote in message
> > "George Preddy" <george_preddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > SNIP
> > > The precise spectral response of the 10M is published all over
> > > the web, same for the 5M.
> > >

>http://www.hanvision.com/contents/products/HVDUO3-10M_June_20_2004_HVC.pdf
> >
> > Which indicates that e.g. green (550 nm wavelength) is seen as 49% blue,
> > 63%green, and 45% red.
>
> The ideal spectral response curves overlay the Foveon curves almost
> precisely (which is intentional of course), that is why Foveon is the
> only option for scientitfically perfect work. Colors are quantum
> accurate, all Bayer colors are guessed--100% of the output pixles are
> totally wrong, thus all Bayer images are of exactly zero scientific
> value.

Hmmmm. Tell that to the astronomers.

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm George Preddy <george_preddy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 75% guessed pixels using values that are interpolated smack dab
> between their two neighbors isn't unrecognizable, it is just horribly
> low optical resolution.
>
> You don't understand any of this.

No its you who don't understand how bayer sensors work and more importantly,
why they work. Which causes you talk lots of bullshit.

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++

"someone" <mike@xyz.com> wrote in message news:<cc7o4f0hj7@enews4.newsguy.com>...
> "George Preddy" <george_preddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > The ideal spectral response curves overlay the Foveon curves almost
> > precisely (which is intentional of course), that is why Foveon is the
> > only option for scientitfically perfect work. Colors are quantum
> > accurate, all Bayer colors are guessed--100% of the output pixles are
> > totally wrong, thus all Bayer images are of exactly zero scientific
> > value.
>
> Hmmmm. Tell that to the astronomers.

"The astronomers" always use the Sigma/Foveon method of capturing full
RGB at every pixel location, usually by taking one red exposure, then
one green, then one blue for full-capture RGB at every pixel location.
Nothing else will do for color-accurate work.

Foveon is the only color-accurate option in the DSLR format, subtle
hues are pure perfection due to Foveon's quantum mechanical color
precision--no glued-on interpolated plastic filters here...

http://www.pbase.com/imageprocessing/foveon_color_moon

In article <e61e09e9.0407040958.39159942@posting.google.com>, George
Preddy <george_preddy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Foveon is the only color-accurate option in the DSLR format, subtle
> hues are pure perfection due to Foveon's quantum mechanical color
> precision--no glued-on interpolated plastic filters here...

Hey George...glue this on...