No vision on dvd player

My PC is running Windows XP Home with SP2, 500Mhz Celeron chip, 192Mb Ram,
80GB C Drive, 40Gb D drive, NEC ND2510A DVD/CD rewriter.
I purchased Ulead DVD player 1.0, it will play DVD`s downloaded from the net
but when trying to play shop bought DVD`s I only get the sound, no vision,
some DVD`s cause the player to freeze and generate an error report.

I have since downloaded Windows media player 10 and Real player plus(which I
purchased) neither of these will play DVD`s either.

All these player worked fine when I was using Windows 98SE last year, none
have worked since moving to XP. Before any body asks I did do a totally clean
install of XP.
I have checked for updates to my video drivers and sound drivers, reset
screen resolution to lower levels, but nothing works.

Ulead tech support suggested I tried another fresh install of windows, which
I did, then reloaded their player and got the same results, I don`t where to
go from here.

Any ideas?

TIA
4 answers Last reply
More about vision player

    John,
    Please post the error report verbatum, and what you were doing when the
    error report is generated.
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    Hi Treeman

    To answer the second part of your question first, I put the DVD in the drive
    and let it autorun, I then select Ulead DVD Player from the drop down list
    and off it goes. When the program starts up I click on Play , the program
    runs for about 30 seconds, then freezes, this happens with every DVD I Put in.
    Since posting my first message Ulead have been in touch and have got me to
    download an updated version of the player, but it still won`t play, they tell
    me that this player works with all versions of XP.

    The error message that windows generates is as follows :-

    sz AppName :Dvd Player.exe sz AppVer:1.0.0.0.30602
    sz ModName :hungapp sz ModVer : 0.0.0.0
    offset :00000000

    Under More Details:-

    C:DOCUME~1\John\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER66f7.Dir00\Dvd Player.Exe.mdmp
    C:DOCUME~1\John\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER66f7.Dir00\Appcompat.txt

    If I look in the Locals\temp folder I cannot find these files.

    Is this any help?

    John

    "Treeman" wrote:

    > John,
    > Please post the error report verbatum, and what you were doing when the
    > error report is generated.
    > Best,
    > Treeman
    >

    > --
    > Treeman

    > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

    Looking at the pc specs it may have trouble playing dvds, as XP takes up
    much more resources than Win98SE.
    Try turning off hardware acceleration, adn stoip as many other apps from
    running as possible.

    Graham

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    > Hi Treeman
    >
    > To answer the second part of your question first, I put the DVD in the
    > drive
    > and let it autorun, I then select Ulead DVD Player from the drop down list
    > and off it goes. When the program starts up I click on Play , the program
    > runs for about 30 seconds, then freezes, this happens with every DVD I Put
    > in.
    > Since posting my first message Ulead have been in touch and have got me to
    > download an updated version of the player, but it still won`t play, they
    > tell
    > me that this player works with all versions of XP.
    >
    > The error message that windows generates is as follows :-
    >
    > sz AppName :Dvd Player.exe sz AppVer:1.0.0.0.30602
    > sz ModName :hungapp sz ModVer : 0.0.0.0
    > offset :00000000
    >
    > Under More Details:-
    >
    > C:DOCUME~1\John\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER66f7.Dir00\Dvd Player.Exe.mdmp
    > C:DOCUME~1\John\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER66f7.Dir00\Appcompat.txt
    >
    > If I look in the Locals\temp folder I cannot find these files.
    >
    > Is this any help?
    >
    > John
    >
    > "Treeman" wrote:
    >

    >> John,
    >> Please post the error report verbatum, and what you were doing when the
    >> error report is generated.
    >> Best,
    >> Treeman
    >>

    >> --
    >> Treeman

    >> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
    >> View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870907046

    Hi Graham

    Thanks for that, I looked more closely at the Graphics adapter, then checked
    out the ATI website again and discovered they have released a Rage Pro driver
    for Win XP, so I downloaded it, removed my existing one and installed the
    new one, now the DVD works.

    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction fellas, I greatly appreciate
    it.

    John

Video DVD DVD Players Windows XP