-

I don't suppose I am discovering anything new here, but while playing the
HL2 mod called Substance I discovered that using those manhacks as weapons
can be very effective. And I don't mean shooting them at enemies with the
GG, but rather just grabbing them with the GG and use them as electric saws
against any other foe. It only takes a touch of them against an enemy to
kill it, a couple at the most. In fact, the enemies won't even come to you!

Anyway, I just wanted to get this one out of me. I thought it was quite
amusing.

Jay

Jay wrote:
> Spoiler idea with "Manhacks" ahead...
>
> - -
>
> -
>
> -
>
> -
>
> -
>
> -
>
> --
>
> -
>
> -
>
> -
>
> --
>
> -
>
> -
>
> -
>
> -
>
> -
>
> -
>
> -
>
> -
> I don't suppose I am discovering anything new here, but while playing the
> HL2 mod called Substance I discovered that using those manhacks as weapons
> can be very effective. And I don't mean shooting them at enemies with the
> GG, but rather just grabbing them with the GG and use them as electric saws
> against any other foe. It only takes a touch of them against an enemy to
> kill it, a couple at the most. In fact, the enemies won't even come to you!
>
> Anyway, I just wanted to get this one out of me. I thought it was quite
> amusing.
>
> Jay

But of course, to do that you have to get close to your enemies and will
end up sustaining a lot of damage just to perform this "cool" act,
making the whole thing worthless.

"GFree" <gfree678@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Jay wrote:
>> Spoiler idea with "Manhacks" ahead...
>>
>> - -
>>
>> -
>>
>> -
>>
>> -
>>
>> -
>>
>> -
>>
>> --
>>
>> -
>>
>> -
>>
>> -
>>
>> --
>>
>> -
>>
>> -
>>
>> -
>>
>> -
>>
>> -
>>
>> -
>>
>> -
>>
>> -
>> I don't suppose I am discovering anything new here, but while
>> playing the HL2 mod called Substance I discovered that using those
>> manhacks as weapons can be very effective. And I don't mean shooting
>> them at enemies with the GG, but rather just grabbing them with the
>> GG and use them as electric saws against any other foe. It only
>> takes a touch of them against an enemy to kill it, a couple at the
>> most. In fact, the enemies won't even come to you! Anyway, I just
>> wanted to get this one out of me. I thought it was
>> quite amusing.
>>
>> Jay
>
> But of course, to do that you have to get close to your enemies and
> will end up sustaining a lot of damage just to perform this "cool"
> act, making the whole thing worthless.

Yeah, they have no problem tossing nades and pumping the shottie at ya,
manhack or no!
McG. >but it IS fun!<

On 7/29/2005 4:11 AM McGrandpa brightened our day with:

>"GFree" <gfree678@gmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>Jay wrote:
>>

>>>Spoiler idea with "Manhacks" ahead...
>>>
>>>- -
>>>
>>>-
>>>
>>>-
>>>
>>>-
>>>
>>>-
>>>
>>>-
>>>
>>>--
>>>
>>>-
>>>
>>>-
>>>
>>>-
>>>
>>>--
>>>
>>>-
>>>
>>>-
>>>
>>>-
>>>
>>>-
>>>
>>>-
>>>
>>>-
>>>
>>>-
>>>
>>>-
>>>I don't suppose I am discovering anything new here, but while
>>>playing the HL2 mod called Substance I discovered that using those
>>>manhacks as weapons can be very effective. And I don't mean shooting
>>>them at enemies with the GG, but rather just grabbing them with the
>>>GG and use them as electric saws against any other foe. It only
>>>takes a touch of them against an enemy to kill it, a couple at the
>>>most. In fact, the enemies won't even come to you! Anyway, I just
>>>wanted to get this one out of me. I thought it was
>>>quite amusing.
>>>
>>>Jay
>>>

>>But of course, to do that you have to get close to your enemies and
>>will end up sustaining a lot of damage just to perform this "cool"
>>act, making the whole thing worthless.
>>

>Yeah, they have no problem tossing nades and pumping the shottie at ya,
>manhack or no!
>McG. >but it IS fun!<

Maybe in the Substance mod, which I haven't played, you can use the
manhacks in Ravenholm. Using them the way Jay described against zombies
would be fun.

--
"I don't feel tardy"

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

jay

"LymanAlpha" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> On 7/29/2005 4:11 AM McGrandpa brightened our day with:
>
>>"GFree" <gfree678@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>>But of course, to do that you have to get close to your enemies and
>>>will end up sustaining a lot of damage just to perform this "cool"
>>>act, making the whole thing worthless.
>>>

>>Yeah, they have no problem tossing nades and pumping the shottie at ya,
>>manhack or no!
>>McG. >but it IS fun!<
>>

> Maybe in the Substance mod, which I haven't played, you can use the
> manhacks in Ravenholm. Using them the way Jay described against zombies
> would be fun.
>
> --
> "I don't feel tardy"
>
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com

I would have to agree on not using this technique against soldiers or any
foe that could shoot. I tried it only against zombies, antlions, and
headcrabs. For these last 3 it worked perfectly.

J.

"LymanAlpha" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> On 7/29/2005 4:11 AM McGrandpa brightened our day with:
>
>> "GFree" <gfree678@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> But of course, to do that you have to get close to your enemies and
>>> will end up sustaining a lot of damage just to perform this "cool"
>>> act, making the whole thing worthless.
>>>

>> Yeah, they have no problem tossing nades and pumping the shottie at
>> ya, manhack or no!
>> McG. >but it IS fun!<
>>

> Maybe in the Substance mod, which I haven't played, you can use the
> manhacks in Ravenholm. Using them the way Jay described against
> zombies would be fun.

Sounds like! I got killed a couple times trying to figure out if I
could pick up one of those engines with a propeller on it and tote it
around chopping zombies. Ya don't pick it up, that's for sure :) The
way the screen was spinning all crazy for a second I figure it was the
view from my head as it flew away. So glad it's only a game :)
McG.

"Jay" <nospam_javierdl@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> "LymanAlpha" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
>> On 7/29/2005 4:11 AM McGrandpa brightened our day with:
>>
>>> "GFree" <gfree678@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Yeah, they have no problem tossing nades and pumping the shottie at
>>> ya, manhack or no!
>>> McG. >but it IS fun!<
>>>

>> Maybe in the Substance mod, which I haven't played, you can use the
>> manhacks in Ravenholm. Using them the way Jay described against
>> zombies would be fun.
>>
>> --
>> "I don't feel tardy"
>>
>> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
>> www.inglostadt.com
>
> I would have to agree on not using this technique against soldiers or
> any foe that could shoot. I tried it only against zombies, antlions,
> and headcrabs. For these last 3 it worked perfectly.
>
> J.

Just like a chainsaw :) Great tool that!
McG.