different recording lengths on a single disk

I have just got a brand new PC. P4, 3Ghz, 1G Ram 120G HD with Ulead
Videostudio 8 and Nero 6. my question is that blank dvd media eg. Memorex
DVD+R/RW quote several recording modes on the sleeve notes. (SP standard
play 120mins, EP extended play 240 mins, SEP super extended play 480mins
etc).
How can I achieve this using my current software. I have many hours of
vhs material to back up, and recording 8 hours of vhs on a single dvd would
reduce shelf space and keep similar themed videos together on one disk.
Thanks for any advice.

Bobski.
2 answers Last reply
More about different recording lengths single disk

    bobski5 wrote:

    > I have just got a brand new PC. P4, 3Ghz, 1G Ram 120G HD with Ulead
    > Videostudio 8 and Nero 6. my question is that blank dvd media eg. Memorex
    > DVD+R/RW quote several recording modes on the sleeve notes. (SP standard
    > play 120mins, EP extended play 240 mins, SEP super extended play 480mins
    > etc).
    > How can I achieve this using my current software. I have many hours of
    > vhs material to back up, and recording 8 hours of vhs on a single dvd would
    > reduce shelf space and keep similar themed videos together on one disk.

    Use this bitrate calculator:
    http://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm

    -WD

    "bobski5" <bobski5@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > I have just got a brand new PC. P4, 3Ghz, 1G Ram 120G HD with Ulead
    >Videostudio 8 and Nero 6. my question is that blank dvd media eg. Memorex
    >DVD+R/RW quote several recording modes on the sleeve notes. (SP standard
    >play 120mins, EP extended play 240 mins, SEP super extended play 480mins
    >etc).
    > How can I achieve this using my current software. I have many hours of
    >vhs material to back up, and recording 8 hours of vhs on a single dvd would
    >reduce shelf space and keep similar themed videos together on one disk.
    > Thanks for any advice.
    >
    >Bobski.

    The more you can fit on a single blank DVD disk the lower the quality
    of the video. You should be able to fit 2 hours of good quality video
    on a blank DVD. (SP Standard). You'll need a video bit rate of approx
    6000 kbps.
    For more information and access to some video tool programs take a
    look at www.dvdrhelp.com

    Regards Brian

Tuner Cards Video Graphics