can not play avi files only... pls help urgently

When I attempt to play an avi video file with Media Player and Cliprex
DVD
professional, player opens and at the bottom I see “playing”
But nothing happens after then… Even the time scale at the bottom does
not move.
I get no warnings. I checked with Gspot and all codes
Seem available… It happened two days ago when I downloaded a conversion
program
AVI to MPG, I deleted after downloading. But since that day I had never
been able to
play any avi file… I guess somehow all avi files are blocked or locked.
Does somebody
have any idea how to solve this problem? (I have windows XP)
:confused:

--
Julia_May

Use system restore to the point just before you installed the app.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media