can not play avi files only... pls help urgently

When I attempt to play an avi video file with Media Player and Cliprex
DVD
professional, player opens and at the bottom I see “playing”
But nothing happens after then… Even the time scale at the bottom does
not move.
I get no warnings. I checked with Gspot and all codes
Seem available… It happened two days ago when I downloaded a conversion
program
AVI to MPG, I deleted after downloading. But since that day I had never
been able to
play any avi file… I guess somehow all avi files are blocked or locked.
Does somebody
have any idea how to solve this problem? (I have windows XP)
:confused:

--
Julia_May
1 answer Last reply

    Use system restore to the point just before you installed the app.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Julia_May" <Julia_May.1sc7px@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > When I attempt to play an avi video file with Media Player and Cliprex
    > DVD
    > professional, player opens and at the bottom I see "playing"
    > But nothing happens after then. Even the time scale at the bottom does
    > not move.
    > I get no warnings. I checked with Gspot and all codes
    > Seem available. It happened two days ago when I downloaded a conversion
    > program
    > AVI to MPG, I deleted after downloading. But since that day I had never
    > been able to
    > play any avi file. I guess somehow all avi files are blocked or locked.
    > Does somebody
    > have any idea how to solve this problem? (I have windows XP)
    > :confused:
    >

    > --
    > Julia_May

Video AVI Windows XP