Which is better, onboard VGA or AGP card !!

a b V Motherboard
July 18, 2005 11:31:03 AM

I have a new motherboard that provides integrated onboard VGA (64Mb). I also
have a AGP 4X card (32Mb) that can plug into the AGP slot on the board. My
question is I know AGP card will normally run better/faster graphics, but
will the higher 64Mb of the integrated onboard supercede this Norm? Is there
some suggested program I can use to test (besides playing video games)?
Thanks.

More about : onboard vga agp card

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 18, 2005 9:50:28 PM

The onboard will use 64mb of your ram, whereas the agp will use it's own,
just something else to bear in mind.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"PL" <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new motherboard that provides integrated onboard VGA (64Mb). I
>also
> have a AGP 4X card (32Mb) that can plug into the AGP slot on the board. My
> question is I know AGP card will normally run better/faster graphics, but
> will the higher 64Mb of the integrated onboard supercede this Norm? Is
> there
> some suggested program I can use to test (besides playing video games)?
> Thanks.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 18, 2005 9:50:29 PM

I have far enough ram available. If this is not a constraint, will the
onboard video (64 Mb) or the AGP (32Mb) works better/faster Normally? Thanks.

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> The onboard will use 64mb of your ram, whereas the agp will use it's own,
> just something else to bear in mind.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "PL" <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a new motherboard that provides integrated onboard VGA (64Mb). I
> >also
> > have a AGP 4X card (32Mb) that can plug into the AGP slot on the board. My
> > question is I know AGP card will normally run better/faster graphics, but
> > will the higher 64Mb of the integrated onboard supercede this Norm? Is
> > there
> > some suggested program I can use to test (besides playing video games)?
> > Thanks.

July 18, 2005 9:50:30 PM

Use them one at a time and run your own tests

!