Samsung digimax 301 focus problem

I have a samsung digital camera and when i take pictures most of them are
really blurry (out of focus) can anybody help or is this a known problem to the
camera? should i be looking for a different one and if so can anybody reccomend
one.

Many Thanks

Jonny

"Jonmac52" <jonmac52@aol.com> wrote in message
>I have a samsung digital camera and when i take pictures most of them are
> really blurry (out of focus) can anybody help or is this a known problem
> to the
> camera? should i be looking for a different one and if so can anybody
> reccomend
> one.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Jonny

Are you giving the camera enough time to focus before fully pressing the
shutter button?
Digital cameras take a second or two to focus on the subject, even worse in
low light.

Press the shutter button half way and hold until the camera tells you it is
ready. (some show a green light or a steady light) Then press the button the
rest of the way to take the picture.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

On 25 Dec 2004 15:50:01 GMT, jonmac52@aol.com (Jonmac52) wrote:

>I have a samsung digital camera and when i take pictures most of them are
>really blurry (out of focus) can anybody help or is this a known problem to the
>camera? should i be looking for a different one and if so can anybody reccomend
>one.

Fixed focus, isn't it? Looks like it at
http://dcviews.com/_samsung/301.htm - and it also has no optical zoom
so I'd advice against using the zoom while taking pictures...
I'd rather crop and enlarge the pictures at home!

If You use the zoom the camera will simply take the center portion of
the pic and enlarge it to fit the entire pic - this will make it look
blurry for sure!

As for tips on a new digicam, Casio and HP has some small ones that
perform pretty well, like the Casio Exilim Z50 and HP PhotoSmart R707
if you don't want to go with brand-names like Nikon, Canon, Olympus
and Fuji - depending on your budget.