NvCplIns.dll error loading on startup

When my computer boots up I get a RUNDLL error : Error loading
C:\Windows\System32\NvCplIns.dll. The specified module could not be found.

I have Windows XP, and a NVIDIA GeFORCE4 MX 440 with AGP8X graphics card.
I understand that the DLL file that it's looking for may not be necessary
unless your overclocking. The error seemed to come up after my daughter
loaded two of her games ; School Tycoon and Harry Potter. The Harry Potter
game had graphics problems so we uninstalled the game. Since that time this
error now shows up. I have an HP Pavilion Desktop so I've tried going back
and restoring to a previous time when I didn't get this error but even then
it still happens when I boot up.

Is this a necessary file? If so how do I get it? Should I reload my driver
for the graphics card from the Nvidia webpage? Any assistance appreciated.

Kevin

Kevin,
Try Start, Run, and type in "dxdiag" without the quotes. You should
have Direct X 9.0c, run through the tests. The NVidia driver to use
should not be the beta.
It's a start anyway. I've seen posts that NvCplIns.dll is a zero byte
file, and folks wonder if they can delete it because of error messages.
In your case, it's looking for the file and can't find it!
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman