NvCplIns.dll error loading on startup

When my computer boots up I get a RUNDLL error : Error loading
C:\Windows\System32\NvCplIns.dll. The specified module could not be found.

I have Windows XP, and a NVIDIA GeFORCE4 MX 440 with AGP8X graphics card.
I understand that the DLL file that it's looking for may not be necessary
unless your overclocking. The error seemed to come up after my daughter
loaded two of her games ; School Tycoon and Harry Potter. The Harry Potter
game had graphics problems so we uninstalled the game. Since that time this
error now shows up. I have an HP Pavilion Desktop so I've tried going back
and restoring to a previous time when I didn't get this error but even then
it still happens when I boot up.

Is this a necessary file? If so how do I get it? Should I reload my driver
for the graphics card from the Nvidia webpage? Any assistance appreciated.

1 answer Last reply
More about nvcplins error loading startup

    Try Start, Run, and type in "dxdiag" without the quotes. You should
    have Direct X 9.0c, run through the tests. The NVidia driver to use
    should not be the beta.
    It's a start anyway. I've seen posts that NvCplIns.dll is a zero byte
    file, and folks wonder if they can delete it because of error messages.
    In your case, it's looking for the file and can't find it!

    Ex New Yorker

Video DLL Windows XP