Cant Transfer Video, Please Help.

I've been trying to get this to work for months.. I kept calling different
companies and they kept telling me all these different things to buy- so I
did that.. and it still will not work. The Pictures transfer fine.. I bought
an external hard drive that has a firewire port and USB 2 ports.. so i
connected that device with a USB cable to my computer and the firewire to my
video camera... It doesnt work- nothing shows up.. I dont know what to do!!
Im trying to create a video for my senior/graduation project but its becoming
impossible... anyone??? at all??? PLEASE

The hard drive cannot show up in Windows Explorer until you partition it,
format it and assign it a drive letter.

Right click on My Computer, and select Manage. On the following screen,
click on Disk Management. It will now appear on the right hand side of the
screen. Partition it, format it and assign it a drive letter.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Kristen" <Kristen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been trying to get this to work for months.. I kept calling different
> companies and they kept telling me all these different things to buy- so
> did that.. and it still will not work. The Pictures transfer fine.. I
> bought
> an external hard drive that has a firewire port and USB 2 ports.. so i
> connected that device with a USB cable to my computer and the firewire to
> my
> video camera... It doesnt work- nothing shows up.. I dont know what to
> do!!
> Im trying to create a video for my senior/graduation project but its
> becoming
> impossible... anyone??? at all??? PLEASE

Kristen,
"It doesnt work- nothing shows up.. I dont know what to do!!"

When you say, "nothing shows up," exactly what does that mean?
"and it still will not work."The Pictures transfer fine.."
The pictures transfer fine from where to where?

I've got an idea . . . take a deep breath, relax!
When you post please do so in a linear fashion, you are all over the
place with your post and it makes it harder to help you. I know your
frustrated.

Please include in your post, your basic computer system specs., and
operating system. (XP Home/Pro) Your video camera make & model.
What application your trying to use to edit/preview your video.

The more detailed you are in the description of your problem, the
easier it will be to solve it.
Best,
Treeman

--