When the hell is DOD source coming out

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

Who cares. If they force Collector's Edition purchasers to pay additional
money for this mod, it's a non-purchase.

rms

rms wrote:
> Who cares. If they force Collector's Edition purchasers to pay additional
> money for this mod, it's a non-purchase.

HL2 CE, silver and gold owners have already paid for DoD:S .. don't you
remember what was written on the box/steam advert? :)

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

Jab

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2004

Ben Cottrell wrote:
> rms wrote:
>
>> Who cares. If they force Collector's Edition purchasers to pay
>> additional money for this mod, it's a non-purchase.
>

> HL2 CE, silver and gold owners have already paid for DoD:S .. don't you
> remember what was written on the box/steam advert? :)

Paid for and still waiting for the "to be released soon" game ...

Pisses me off a bit as the main reason I went for Silver instead of
bronze was DoD:source. Oh well, it's BF2 for the moment.

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Ben Cottrell" <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote in message
> rms wrote:
>> Who cares. If they force Collector's Edition purchasers to pay additional money for this mod,
>> it's a non-purchase.
>
> HL2 CE, silver and gold owners have already paid for DoD:S .. don't you remember what was written
> on the box/steam advert? :)

Ben, you sure about that? I've got the Collector's Edition and nowhere on the box does it mention
DoD:S. Done a bit of Googling too (my wife slaps me if she catches me, but I just can't stop
myself) and not managed to find out either way... here's hoping!

Nick wrote:

>>>Who cares. If they force Collector's Edition purchasers to pay additional money for this mod,
>>>it's a non-purchase.
>>
>>HL2 CE, silver and gold owners have already paid for DoD:S .. don't you remember what was written
>>on the box/steam advert? :)
>

> Ben, you sure about that? I've got the Collector's Edition and nowhere on the box does it mention
> DoD:S. Done a bit of Googling too (my wife slaps me if she catches me, but I just can't stop
> myself) and not managed to find out either way... here's hoping!

hmmm, I'm not 100% sure, now that you mention it :)

Check your "My Games" menu in Steam, it should list DoD:S at the top of
the list under 'coming soon'. if you right-click the game, you should
see that your only option is to Update News. IIRC, when you do not own
a product on steam, you also see the option to buy or pre-order it.

I couldn't say with any authority about the CE since I bought the silver
edition on steam, which does list DoD:S in the "Browse Games" window.

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

>>>HL2 CE, silver and gold owners have already paid for DoD:S .. don't you remember what was
>>>written on the box/steam advert? :)
>>
>> Ben, you sure about that? I've got the Collector's Edition and nowhere on the box does it
>> mention DoD:S. Done a bit of Googling too (my wife slaps me if she catches me, but I just can't
>> stop myself) and not managed to find out either way... here's hoping!
>
> hmmm, I'm not 100% sure, now that you mention it :)
>
> Check your "My Games" menu in Steam, it should list DoD:S at the top of the list under 'coming
> soon'. if you right-click the game, you should see that your only option is to Update News.
> IIRC, when you do not own a product on steam, you also see the option to buy or pre-order it.
>
> I couldn't say with any authority about the CE since I bought the silver edition on steam, which
> does list DoD:S in the "Browse Games" window.

Ben - when I right-click on the DoD:S entry (under "Play games") I do have the option to
pre-order - but when I click this, the resulting Steam screen shows DoD:S, Half-Life 2 Gold and
Silver, with the text "Thank you! You have already purchased Half-Life 2 on Steam. At present, only
one HL2 offer may be purchased per Steam account."

Now what on earth do you think that signifies?

shawk

"Nick" <nick@yourstuff.com> wrote in message
> "Ben Cottrell" <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Ben, you sure about that? I've got the Collector's Edition and nowhere
>>> on the box does it mention DoD:S. Done a bit of Googling too (my wife
>>> slaps me if she catches me, but I just can't stop myself) and not
>>> managed to find out either way... here's hoping!
>>
>> hmmm, I'm not 100% sure, now that you mention it :)
>>
>> Check your "My Games" menu in Steam, it should list DoD:S at the top of
>> the list under 'coming soon'. if you right-click the game, you should
>> see that your only option is to Update News. IIRC, when you do not own a
>> product on steam, you also see the option to buy or pre-order it.
>>
>> I couldn't say with any authority about the CE since I bought the silver
>> edition on steam, which does list DoD:S in the "Browse Games" window.
>
> Ben - when I right-click on the DoD:S entry (under "Play games") I do have
> the option to pre-order - but when I click this, the resulting Steam
> screen shows DoD:S, Half-Life 2 Gold and Silver, with the text "Thank you!
> You have already purchased Half-Life 2 on Steam. At present, only one HL2
> offer may be purchased per Steam account."
>
> Now what on earth do you think that signifies?

It means that, like me, you are bollixed until Valve come up with a
mechanism to let you buy it separately.

> "Nick" <nick@yourstuff.com> wrote in message
>> "Ben Cottrell" <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote in message

>>> hmmm, I'm not 100% sure, now that you mention it :)
>>>
>>> Check your "My Games" menu in Steam, it should list DoD:S at the
>>> top of the list under 'coming soon'. if you right-click the game,
>>> you should see that your only option is to Update News. IIRC, when
>>> you do not own a product on steam, you also see the option to buy
>>> or pre-order it. I couldn't say with any authority about the CE
>>> since I bought the
>>> silver edition on steam, which does list DoD:S in the "Browse
>>> Games" window.
>>
>> Ben - when I right-click on the DoD:S entry (under "Play games") I
>> do have the option to pre-order - but when I click this, the
>> resulting Steam screen shows DoD:S, Half-Life 2 Gold and Silver,
>> with the text "Thank you! You have already purchased Half-Life 2 on
>> Steam. At present, only one HL2 offer may be purchased per Steam
>> account." Now what on earth do you think that signifies?
>
> It means that, like me, you are bollixed until Valve come up with a
> mechanism to let you buy it separately.

Yeah, I get the same thing when I check. I registered my original HL cd
key and my HL2 collectors edition.
McG.

TRENDING THREADS