Media Player won't display on Nvidia

I have an NVidia GeForce MX 4000, and I am trying to use the VIDEO OUT
to watch video clips on my television (through Media Player). I have
it on CLONE, and I have a picture on both my monitor and the
television. It seems to be working fine -- every window I have open on
my monitor also displays on the television. The only problem is when I
try to run Windows Media Player, I get a blank box where the video
should be playing (on the TV), though it looks and plays fine on the
monitor. On the television, I see the Media Player program itself, the
blue boarder, the menus, everything except the video itself. Going
"Full Screen" just gets me a big, black square. All the other windows
work fine -- what am I doing wrong?

Appreciate the help!

The technically-challenged Chuck

"I'm good for some things -- bad for a lot of things" -Jackie Chan

--
Chuck2499

Only very high end graphics cards support overlay on two monitors at the
same time, so either, turn accleration off, (display settings/advanced) will
then play on both, or choose the tv as the primary monitor, will play only
on tv. Remember to turn it back whichever you use when finished.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Chuck2499" <Chuck2499.1sgdpv@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> I have an NVidia GeForce MX 4000, and I am trying to use the VIDEO OUT
> to watch video clips on my television (through Media Player). I have
> it on CLONE, and I have a picture on both my monitor and the
> television. It seems to be working fine -- every window I have open on
> my monitor also displays on the television. The only problem is when I
> try to run Windows Media Player, I get a blank box where the video
> should be playing (on the TV), though it looks and plays fine on the
> monitor. On the television, I see the Media Player program itself, the
> blue boarder, the menus, everything except the video itself. Going
> "Full Screen" just gets me a big, black square. All the other windows
> work fine -- what am I doing wrong?
>
> Appreciate the help!
>
> The technically-challenged Chuck
>
> "I'm good for some things -- bad for a lot of things" -Jackie Chan
>

> --
> Chuck2499

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I have an NVidia GeForce MX 4000, and I am trying to use the
> VIDEO OUT
> to watch video clips on my television (through Media Player).
> I have
> it on CLONE, and I have a picture on both my monitor and the
> television. It seems to be working fine -- every window I
> have open on
> my monitor also displays on the television. The only problem
> is when I
> try to run Windows Media Player, I get a blank box where the
> video
> should be playing (on the TV), though it looks and plays fine
> on the
> monitor. On the television, I see the Media Player program
> itself, the
> blue boarder, the menus, everything except the video itself.
> Going
> "Full Screen" just gets me a big, black square. All the other
> windows
> work fine -- what am I doing wrong?
>
> Appreciate the help!
>
> The technically-challenged Chuck
>
> "I'm good for some things -- bad for a lot of things" -Jackie
> Chan
>

> --
> Chuck2499

This is common, you need to look though the driver config of your
graphics card, specificly looking for an option that mentions
"Theaster Mode" this is what it is called on ATI cards (i havent used
nVidia cards in ages) but it should be similare for nVidia cards.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Video-Media-Player-display-Nvidia-ftopict398229.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1314780

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Only very high end graphics cards support overlay on two
> monitors at the
> same time, so either, turn accleration off, (display
> settings/advanced) will
> then play on both, or choose the tv as the primary monitor,
> will play only
> on tv. Remember to turn it back whichever you use when
> finished.
>
> Graham
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "Chuck2499" <Chuck2499.1sgdpv@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> >
> > I have an NVidia GeForce MX 4000, and I am trying to use the
> VIDEO OUT
> > to watch video clips on my television (through Media
> Player). I have
> > it on CLONE, and I have a picture on both my monitor and the
> > television. It seems to be working fine -- every window I
> have open on
> > my monitor also displays on the television. The only
> problem is when I
> > try to run Windows Media Player, I get a blank box where the
> video
> > should be playing (on the TV), though it looks and plays
> fine on the
> > monitor. On the television, I see the Media Player program
> itself, the
> > blue boarder, the menus, everything except the video itself.
> Going
> > "Full Screen" just gets me a big, black square. All the
> other windows
> > work fine -- what am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Appreciate the help!
> >
> > The technically-challenged Chuck
> >
> > "I'm good for some things -- bad for a lot of things"
> -Jackie Chan
> >

> > --
> > Chuck2499

would you call a Radeon 9800XT high end? if so, then that explains it,
wuld you call a GeForce 4 MX440 high end 2 years ago? Becasue they
both suported overlays on two screens at once, and not only that
displyed them in full screen if you have a TV atached.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Video-Media-Player-display-Nvidia-ftopict398229.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1316395

TRENDING THREADS