Volume to low while playing DVD avi -> How to play 5.1 aud..

Hello,

I have an avi file ripped from a DVD. I believe the avi has been ripped as
5.1 audio. As a result, when playing it with just 2 speakers, the volume is
very very very low, barely audible.

Is there any way to play all the 6 channels on the 2 speakers so that the
sound will become more normal?

Thanks.

Herbert
2 answers Last reply
More about volume playing play

    Set youre sound/speaker configuration in control panel as desktop speakers,
    you can download and install windows encoder,run the file thru the encoder.

    "Herbert Chan" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have an avi file ripped from a DVD. I believe the avi has been ripped as
    > 5.1 audio. As a result, when playing it with just 2 speakers, the volume is
    > very very very low, barely audible.
    >
    > Is there any way to play all the 6 channels on the 2 speakers so that the
    > sound will become more normal?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Herbert

    Well, my system is win98se. So how do I set it? I cannot figure out what
    you mean exactly? I have a creative soundblaster soundcard.

    And I can play the avi. I have the klite codec already. The only problem
    is that the volume is very low, hardly audible. I can reencode it to
    increase the sound, but there is not much hard disk space left and I just
    wonder if there is any way to make all those 6 channels to go through my 2
    speakers so that the sound will be audible.

    Thanks.

    Herbert

    "Andrew E." <eckrichco@msn.com> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news:4762B3CA-89D0-43DE-AA48-8C3503B2E50A@microsoft.com ¤¤¼¶¼g...
    > Set youre sound/speaker configuration in control panel as desktop
    speakers,
    > you can download and install windows encoder,run the file thru the
    encoder.

    > "Herbert Chan" wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I have an avi file ripped from a DVD. I believe the avi has been ripped
    as
    > > 5.1 audio. As a result, when playing it with just 2 speakers, the
    volume is
    > > very very very low, barely audible.
    > >
    > > Is there any way to play all the 6 channels on the 2 speakers so that
    the
    > > sound will become more normal?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > Herbert