Movie Maker NOT finding input device

Hello,

I just installed a video capturing device which came with Pinnacle's
Studio 9. It connects to the USB port.

I have been able to capture with Studio 9 but Movie Maker claims that there
is NO video capturing deivice connected to my computer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bert Delgado
bertdelgado@bellsouth.net

Bert,
When posting please don't assume that we know what you have for
hardware/devices that are connected to your computer.
Example;
"I just installed a video capturing device which came with Pinnacle's
Studio 9." What device are you capturing from? Make & Model.

"It connects to the USB port."
Typically iLink, Aka Firewire, is the preferred method to capture video
due to USB's data flow overhead.

FireWire vs. USB 2.0 - Architecture
FireWire, uses a "Peer-to-Peer" architecture in which the peripherals
are intelligent and can negotiate bus conflicts to determine which
device can best control a data transfer

Hi-Speed USB 2.0 uses a "Master-Slave" architecture in which the
computer handles all arbitration functions and dictates data flow to,
from and between the attached peripherals (adding additional system
overhead and resulting in slower data flow control)
For detailed info on Movie Maker 2, check out 'PapaJohn's Website'
(http://www.eicsoftware.com/PapaJohn/MM2/MM2.html)
Best,
Treeman

--