Latest video driver

My Sony pc has a video adapter, AGP NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 Model 64 installed.
The display quality is not good. I examined the driver in use is as
follows:-

Under display adapter information tab

BIOS version: 3.05.00.10
On-Board Memory: 32 MB
Driver version in this tab: 6.13.10.1630

In properties under adapter tab

Driver Provider: NVIDIA
Driver Date: 01/11/01
Driver Version: 1.6.3.0

Is it any configuration issue? I visited NVIDIA website and could not find
any driver for this model and Sony website where they only provide this
driver. Can someone advise me where I can get the latest driver.

Thanks,

Ray
4 answers Last reply
More about latest video driver

    You've only got 32mb of video memory so it's never going to be excellent
    quality. If this is a notebook, then continue to use the driver from Sony.
    If it's a desktop, then use the drivers from nVidia...

    From:

    Select graphics drivers, then GeForce and TNT2, then Windows XP / Windows
    2000
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "" wrote:
    > My Sony pc has a video adapter, AGP NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 Model 64
    > installed.
    > The display quality is not good. I examined the driver in use
    > is as
    > follows:-
    >
    > Under display adapter information tab
    >
    > BIOS version: 3.05.00.10
    > On-Board Memory: 32 MB
    > Driver version in this tab: 6.13.10.1630
    >
    > In properties under adapter tab
    >
    > Driver Provider: NVIDIA
    > Driver Date: 01/11/01
    > Driver Version: 1.6.3.0
    >
    > Is it any configuration issue? I visited NVIDIA website and
    > could not find
    > any driver for this model and Sony website where they only
    > provide this
    > driver. Can someone advise me where I can get the latest
    > driver.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ray

    Here is the latest driver for your graphics card, asuming your using
    windows 2000 or windows xp home or pro (not media center):
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.72.html

    Hope this solves your problem.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Video-Latest-driver-ftopict400225.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1323106

    Note that from here
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/77.72_winxp_32_supported.html

    Forceware 77.72 does not support the Riva TNT2 video card.

    Forceware 71.89 is the last version of Forceware that supports your RIVA
    TNT2 video card (as per the above page)
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Sparda" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > "" wrote:
    > > My Sony pc has a video adapter, AGP NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 Model 64
    > > installed.
    > > The display quality is not good. I examined the driver in use
    > > is as
    > > follows:-
    > >
    > > Under display adapter information tab
    > >
    > > BIOS version: 3.05.00.10
    > > On-Board Memory: 32 MB
    > > Driver version in this tab: 6.13.10.1630
    > >
    > > In properties under adapter tab
    > >
    > > Driver Provider: NVIDIA
    > > Driver Date: 01/11/01
    > > Driver Version: 1.6.3.0
    > >
    > > Is it any configuration issue? I visited NVIDIA website and
    > > could not find
    > > any driver for this model and Sony website where they only
    > > provide this
    > > driver. Can someone advise me where I can get the latest
    > > driver.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Ray
    >
    > Here is the latest driver for your graphics card, asuming your using
    > windows 2000 or windows xp home or pro (not media center):
    > http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.72.html
    >
    > Hope this solves your problem.

    > request
    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Video-Latest-driver-ftopict400225.html

    Gray & Sparda,

    Thanks for your advice. I downloaded versions 77.72 & 71.89 and both readme
    files said to support my card. However, when I run the setup up programs
    and below error message appeared.

    The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible
    with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

    Is there any trick to install this driver?

    Thanks,

    Ray

Video Video Driver Windows XP