Latest video driver

July 26, 2005 3:03:38 AM

My Sony pc has a video adapter, AGP NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 Model 64 installed.
The display quality is not good. I examined the driver in use is as
follows:-

Under display adapter information tab

BIOS version: 3.05.00.10
On-Board Memory: 32 MB
Driver version in this tab: 6.13.10.1630

In properties under adapter tab

Driver Provider: NVIDIA
Driver Date: 01/11/01
Driver Version: 1.6.3.0

Is it any configuration issue? I visited NVIDIA website and could not find
any driver for this model and Sony website where they only provide this
driver. Can someone advise me where I can get the latest driver.

Thanks,

Ray

More about : latest video driver

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 3:03:39 AM

You've only got 32mb of video memory so it's never going to be excellent
quality. If this is a notebook, then continue to use the driver from Sony.
If it's a desktop, then use the drivers from nVidia...

From:

Select graphics drivers, then GeForce and TNT2, then Windows XP / Windows
2000
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Ray" <NoSpam-LiZhiQiang1@GMail.com> wrote in message
> My Sony pc has a video adapter, AGP NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 Model 64 installed.
> The display quality is not good. I examined the driver in use is as
> follows:-
>
> Under display adapter information tab
>
> BIOS version: 3.05.00.10
> On-Board Memory: 32 MB
> Driver version in this tab: 6.13.10.1630
>
> In properties under adapter tab
>
> Driver Provider: NVIDIA
> Driver Date: 01/11/01
> Driver Version: 1.6.3.0
>
> Is it any configuration issue? I visited NVIDIA website and could not
> find any driver for this model and Sony website where they only provide
> this driver. Can someone advise me where I can get the latest driver.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray

July 26, 2005 3:03:39 AM

"" wrote:
> My Sony pc has a video adapter, AGP NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 Model 64
> installed.
> The display quality is not good. I examined the driver in use
> is as
> follows:-
>
> Under display adapter information tab
>
> BIOS version: 3.05.00.10
> On-Board Memory: 32 MB
> Driver version in this tab: 6.13.10.1630
>
> In properties under adapter tab
>
> Driver Provider: NVIDIA
> Driver Date: 01/11/01
> Driver Version: 1.6.3.0
>
> Is it any configuration issue? I visited NVIDIA website and
> could not find
> any driver for this model and Sony website where they only
> provide this
> driver. Can someone advise me where I can get the latest
> driver.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray

Here is the latest driver for your graphics card, asuming your using
windows 2000 or windows xp home or pro (not media center):
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.72.html

Hope this solves your problem.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Video-Latest-driver-ftopic...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1323106
July 26, 2005 5:48:09 AM

Note that from here
http://www.nvidia.com/object/77.72_winxp_32_supported.h...

Forceware 77.72 does not support the Riva TNT2 video card.

Forceware 71.89 is the last version of Forceware that supports your RIVA
TNT2 video card (as per the above page)
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Sparda" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> "" wrote:
> > My Sony pc has a video adapter, AGP NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 Model 64
> > installed.
> > The display quality is not good. I examined the driver in use
> > is as
> > follows:-
> >
> > Under display adapter information tab
> >
> > BIOS version: 3.05.00.10
> > On-Board Memory: 32 MB
> > Driver version in this tab: 6.13.10.1630
> >
> > In properties under adapter tab
> >
> > Driver Provider: NVIDIA
> > Driver Date: 01/11/01
> > Driver Version: 1.6.3.0
> >
> > Is it any configuration issue? I visited NVIDIA website and
> > could not find
> > any driver for this model and Sony website where they only
> > provide this
> > driver. Can someone advise me where I can get the latest
> > driver.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ray
>
> Here is the latest driver for your graphics card, asuming your using
> windows 2000 or windows xp home or pro (not media center):
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.72.html
>
> Hope this solves your problem.

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Video-Latest-driver-ftopic...
July 29, 2005 2:10:04 AM

Gray & Sparda,

Thanks for your advice. I downloaded versions 77.72 & 71.89 and both readme
files said to support my card. However, when I run the setup up programs
and below error message appeared.

The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible
with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

Is there any trick to install this driver?

Thanks,

Ray

!