My MiniDV won't work on laptop after SP2

I have a Canon ZR20 MiniDV that I connect with a firewire. When I connect it
I hear the "ding" and then "Movie Maker Error" comes up and that is all I
get. I can not transfer from my DV to laptop now. Is there a problem with the
SP2 update? DV is in VCR mode.

Neiko,
Try a different editing package;
'Ulead VideoStudio 9.0 (English Version) 173MB Trial Offer'
(http://www.ulead.com/vs/trial.htm) if your on dial-up, you can get the
trial via CD. For errors in Movie Maker2, look here;
'PapaJohn's Website' (http://www.eicsoftware.com/PapaJohn/MM2/MM2.html)

Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

"Treeman" wrote:

> Neiko,
> Try a different editing package;
> 'Ulead VideoStudio 9.0 (English Version) 173MB Trial Offer'
> (http://www.ulead.com/vs/trial.htm) if your on dial-up, you can get the
> trial via CD. For errors in Movie Maker2, look here;
> 'PapaJohn's Website' (http://www.eicsoftware.com/PapaJohn/MM2/MM2.html)
>
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
>
> Treeman,
Thanks but I actually found a fix from another site. It was so easy.
Hopefully someone else might be able to use it. Here it is.

Go to start, run,
type in:
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\qdv.dll
hit enter
(note: must be a space between regsvr32 and the first % sign.)
Got an OK box, and everything works great!

Neiko

That's wierd! regsvr32 is used to register dynamic-link libraries and
ActiveX controls in the registry. What does the qdv.dll tie into? I see
it's part of DirectShow.
Well, glad your up and running, and thanks for the info post-back.
Treeman

--
Treeman