Sony P10 - Better not to use flash?

I have a SONY P10. It's 5MP. I found pictures look better
when flashlight is not used. Here in my room, fluorescent
light is on. the picture looks dark when flash light is
used. It looks bright and good when flash light is not
used. Not a photographer, but isn't flash light supposed to
improve the light condition?

http://www.geocities.com/web378/index2.htm
1 answer Last reply
More about sony flash

    Remember that the flash has a limited illumination range. It can cause the
    camera to show things outside the range much darker than they would be with
    just the room lighting. The alternative is camera sensitive in that you may
    be able to bounce or reduce the flash intensity with camera setings or your
    hankerchief.

    "pont" <replay2@motion.com> wrote in message
    >I have a SONY P10. It's 5MP. I found pictures look better
    > when flashlight is not used. Here in my room, fluorescent
    > light is on. the picture looks dark when flash light is
    > used. It looks bright and good when flash light is not
    > used. Not a photographer, but isn't flash light supposed to
    > improve the light condition?
    >
    > http://www.geocities.com/web378/index2.htm

Cameras Light Flash Sony Peripherals