camcorder on port IEEE1394 not recognized by win XP

Hello,

since I reinstall XP + SP2, I can't download my own movies from my SONY
camcorder trought the firewire port.
throught the USB port, I can without probleme download my pictures from my
camcorder.

I try with severals software and I get already the same results.

Somes details:

Wenn I turn on my camcorder, during 3 seconds the camcorder is recognized by
Windows (opening a little window to ask me what to do) and then the windows
desappeared and I can't use the camcorder.
As well as Windows, my video software ask me that there is a new video
sources and ask if I want to use it. I've not enough time to answer (by
click on yes or no) and the camcorder is not available.

I don't no what is the conflict with Win xp but I think that it is a problem
with windows

I already delete and reinstall the drivers for the IEEE1394 port in the
peripherical menu. Each time I turn on my camcorder, it appears 2 second in
this menu and then desappear.

Did someone has an idee what to do in this case ?

Regards,
Tommy.

PS: sorry for my bad english :-)
4 answers Last reply
More about camcorder port ieee1394 recognized

    Hi Tommy,
    Try this, roll-back to SP1 Drivers for Firewire.

    Go to C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386 & C:\dllcache in SP1 and copy out
    the
    following files
    1394bus.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
    arp1394.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
    nic1394.sys is in c:\Windows\System32\Drivers
    ohci1394.sys is in C:\windows\System32\drivers
    enum1394.sys is in C:\windows\system32\drivers
    Copy out the following files to a new folder you can call
    "Firewirefix," (without quotes)

    Stop XP Sp2 from re-installing it's drivers again by:
    Renaming the SP2.cab file to (e.g. to SP2old.cab)

    Replace the SP2 versions of these files with the SP1 versions in
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers & C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache in safe
    mode.

    Go to device manager for your ohci firewire card and update SP2 drivers
    to the SP1 drivers by pointing to Firewirefix.(warning message normal)
    Reboot.

    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    Hi,
    Sorry for butting in, but i have the same problem, my sony DV not being
    recognized by the computer. I have firewire functioning on Xp with sp2.
    Treeman i have followed your idea before on other threads about reverting
    back to Sp 1 firewire drivers, but have not been able to manage it properly.
    A couple of questions to clear it up!
    1. renaming SP 2.cab file to SP 2 cabe old file In my directory
    WINDOWS\DRIVER CACHE\1386 The file is a zip file. Is this the correct file?
    2. When copying out the driver files, I can find C:\WINDOWS\Driver
    Cache\i386 but can't locate C:\dllcache in SP1
    3. How do you know that these driver files in C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386
    are SP 1 files and not Sp 2 files
    4. When you say replace SP2 version of the files with SP1 versions, do you
    mean delete them, or merely put the new folder with copied files.
    5. If I can't find this folder (:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache ) in system 32
    am I looking in the wrong place?
    Reading this back, I sound like a twit! Hope it makes some sense. Thanks

    --
    Persistent Pete

    "Treeman" wrote:

    > Hi Tommy,
    > Try this, roll-back to SP1 Drivers for Firewire.
    >
    > Go to C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386 & C:\dllcache in SP1 and copy out
    > the
    > following files
    > 1394bus.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
    > arp1394.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
    > nic1394.sys is in c:\Windows\System32\Drivers
    > ohci1394.sys is in C:\windows\System32\drivers
    > enum1394.sys is in C:\windows\system32\drivers
    > Copy out the following files to a new folder you can call
    > "Firewirefix," (without quotes)
    >
    > Stop XP Sp2 from re-installing it's drivers again by:
    > Renaming the SP2.cab file to (e.g. to SP2old.cab)
    >
    > Replace the SP2 versions of these files with the SP1 versions in
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers & C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache in safe
    > mode.
    >
    > Go to device manager for your ohci firewire card and update SP2 drivers
    > to the SP1 drivers by pointing to Firewirefix.(warning message normal)
    > Reboot.
    >
    > Best,
    > Treeman
    >

    > --
    > Treeman

    > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

    Hi Pete, Hi Treeman,

    as Pete, I try to apply your procedur in order to solve this problem.
    And as Pete, I have some problem to anderstand you steps, sorry :-)

    What I do is (I do all the step in safe mode):

    I search and find the SP1.cab file in C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386
    I couldn't find any dllcache folder even if I tick the "display the contents
    of system folders" in the options of windows explorer.
    I extract from the sp1 file the following files
    >> 1394bus.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
    >> arp1394.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
    >> nic1394.sys is in c:\Windows\System32\Drivers
    >> ohci1394.sys is in C:\windows\System32\drivers

    Only 1 file was not included in the SP1 file
    >> enum1394.sys is in C:\windows\system32\drivers

    I rename the SP2.cab file into SP2old.cab
    I replace all this files in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers except enum1394.sys.
    I deleted it! (I do a backup of all this files)
    But I couldn't replace this files in C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache because I
    couldn't found this folder.

    I deleted then the driver for ohci firewire card in the device manager but I
    couldn't reinstall it like you write because for reinstalling it need a .inf
    file and not .sys file.
    I reinstall then this driver as recommended by windows (did it use the sp1
    files or the sp2, I don't no but I think it use the one I copy into
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers (sp1))

    After rebooting my computer, it doesn't work. The camcorder appear a few
    seconds but desappear after a few seconds.

    What did I wrong

    Thanks for your help
    tommy

    "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    887D332C-C90A-4119-8DCA-8D0D9BFC77A5@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    > Sorry for butting in, but i have the same problem, my sony DV not being
    > recognized by the computer. I have firewire functioning on Xp with sp2.
    > Treeman i have followed your idea before on other threads about reverting
    > back to Sp 1 firewire drivers, but have not been able to manage it
    > properly.
    > A couple of questions to clear it up!
    > 1. renaming SP 2.cab file to SP 2 cabe old file In my directory
    > WINDOWS\DRIVER CACHE\1386 The file is a zip file. Is this the correct
    > file?
    > 2. When copying out the driver files, I can find C:\WINDOWS\Driver
    > Cache\i386 but can't locate C:\dllcache in SP1
    > 3. How do you know that these driver files in C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386
    > are SP 1 files and not Sp 2 files
    > 4. When you say replace SP2 version of the files with SP1 versions, do you
    > mean delete them, or merely put the new folder with copied files.
    > 5. If I can't find this folder (:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache ) in system 32
    > am I looking in the wrong place?
    > Reading this back, I sound like a twit! Hope it makes some sense. Thanks
    >

    > --
    > Persistent Pete
    >

    > "Treeman" wrote:
    >

    >> Hi Tommy,
    >> Try this, roll-back to SP1 Drivers for Firewire.
    >>
    >> Go to C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386 & C:\dllcache in SP1 and copy out
    >> the
    >> following files
    >> 1394bus.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
    >> arp1394.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
    >> nic1394.sys is in c:\Windows\System32\Drivers
    >> ohci1394.sys is in C:\windows\System32\drivers
    >> enum1394.sys is in C:\windows\system32\drivers
    >> Copy out the following files to a new folder you can call
    >> "Firewirefix," (without quotes)
    >>
    >> Stop XP Sp2 from re-installing it's drivers again by:
    >> Renaming the SP2.cab file to (e.g. to SP2old.cab)
    >>
    >> Replace the SP2 versions of these files with the SP1 versions in
    >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers & C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache in safe
    >> mode.
    >>
    >> Go to device manager for your ohci firewire card and update SP2 drivers
    >> to the SP1 drivers by pointing to Firewirefix.(warning message normal)
    >> Reboot.
    >>
    >> Best,
    >> Treeman
    >>

    >> --
    >> Treeman

    >> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
    >> View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870934029

    Try the automated version from Microsoft, find a link here
    http://www.myvideoproblems.com/ProblemPages/CamNotWorkingUnderSP2.htm

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media