camcorder on port IEEE1394 not recognized by win XP

Hello,

since I reinstall XP + SP2, I can't download my own movies from my SONY
camcorder trought the firewire port.
throught the USB port, I can without probleme download my pictures from my
camcorder.

I try with severals software and I get already the same results.

Somes details:

Wenn I turn on my camcorder, during 3 seconds the camcorder is recognized by
Windows (opening a little window to ask me what to do) and then the windows
desappeared and I can't use the camcorder.
As well as Windows, my video software ask me that there is a new video
sources and ask if I want to use it. I've not enough time to answer (by
click on yes or no) and the camcorder is not available.

I don't no what is the conflict with Win xp but I think that it is a problem
with windows

I already delete and reinstall the drivers for the IEEE1394 port in the
peripherical menu. Each time I turn on my camcorder, it appears 2 second in
this menu and then desappear.

Did someone has an idee what to do in this case ?

Regards,
Tommy.

PS: sorry for my bad english :)

Hi Tommy,
Try this, roll-back to SP1 Drivers for Firewire.

Go to C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386 & C:\dllcache in SP1 and copy out
the
following files
1394bus.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
arp1394.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
nic1394.sys is in c:\Windows\System32\Drivers
ohci1394.sys is in C:\windows\System32\drivers
enum1394.sys is in C:\windows\system32\drivers
Copy out the following files to a new folder you can call
"Firewirefix," (without quotes)

Stop XP Sp2 from re-installing it's drivers again by:
Renaming the SP2.cab file to (e.g. to SP2old.cab)

Replace the SP2 versions of these files with the SP1 versions in
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers & C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache in safe
mode.

Go to device manager for your ohci firewire card and update SP2 drivers
to the SP1 drivers by pointing to Firewirefix.(warning message normal)
Reboot.

Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Hi,
Sorry for butting in, but i have the same problem, my sony DV not being
recognized by the computer. I have firewire functioning on Xp with sp2.
Treeman i have followed your idea before on other threads about reverting
back to Sp 1 firewire drivers, but have not been able to manage it properly.
A couple of questions to clear it up!
1. renaming SP 2.cab file to SP 2 cabe old file In my directory
WINDOWS\DRIVER CACHE\1386 The file is a zip file. Is this the correct file?
2. When copying out the driver files, I can find C:\WINDOWS\Driver
Cache\i386 but can't locate C:\dllcache in SP1
3. How do you know that these driver files in C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386
are SP 1 files and not Sp 2 files
4. When you say replace SP2 version of the files with SP1 versions, do you
mean delete them, or merely put the new folder with copied files.
5. If I can't find this folder :)\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache ) in system 32
am I looking in the wrong place?
Reading this back, I sound like a twit! Hope it makes some sense. Thanks

--
Persistent Pete

"Treeman" wrote:

> Hi Tommy,
> Try this, roll-back to SP1 Drivers for Firewire.
>
> Go to C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386 & C:\dllcache in SP1 and copy out
> the
> following files
> 1394bus.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
> arp1394.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
> nic1394.sys is in c:\Windows\System32\Drivers
> ohci1394.sys is in C:\windows\System32\drivers
> enum1394.sys is in C:\windows\system32\drivers
> Copy out the following files to a new folder you can call
> "Firewirefix," (without quotes)
>
> Stop XP Sp2 from re-installing it's drivers again by:
> Renaming the SP2.cab file to (e.g. to SP2old.cab)
>
> Replace the SP2 versions of these files with the SP1 versions in
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers & C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache in safe
> mode.
>
> Go to device manager for your ohci firewire card and update SP2 drivers
> to the SP1 drivers by pointing to Firewirefix.(warning message normal)
> Reboot.
>
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

Hi Pete, Hi Treeman,

as Pete, I try to apply your procedur in order to solve this problem.
And as Pete, I have some problem to anderstand you steps, sorry :)

What I do is (I do all the step in safe mode):

I search and find the SP1.cab file in C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386
I couldn't find any dllcache folder even if I tick the "display the contents
of system folders" in the options of windows explorer.
I extract from the sp1 file the following files
>> 1394bus.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
>> arp1394.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
>> nic1394.sys is in c:\Windows\System32\Drivers
>> ohci1394.sys is in C:\windows\System32\drivers

Only 1 file was not included in the SP1 file
>> enum1394.sys is in C:\windows\system32\drivers

I rename the SP2.cab file into SP2old.cab
I replace all this files in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers except enum1394.sys.
I deleted it! (I do a backup of all this files)
But I couldn't replace this files in C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache because I
couldn't found this folder.

I deleted then the driver for ohci firewire card in the device manager but I
couldn't reinstall it like you write because for reinstalling it need a .inf
file and not .sys file.
I reinstall then this driver as recommended by windows (did it use the sp1
files or the sp2, I don't no but I think it use the one I copy into
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers (sp1))

After rebooting my computer, it doesn't work. The camcorder appear a few
seconds but desappear after a few seconds.

What did I wrong

Thanks for your help
tommy

"pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
887D332C-C90A-4119-8DCA-8D0D9BFC77A5@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> Sorry for butting in, but i have the same problem, my sony DV not being
> recognized by the computer. I have firewire functioning on Xp with sp2.
> Treeman i have followed your idea before on other threads about reverting
> back to Sp 1 firewire drivers, but have not been able to manage it
> properly.
> A couple of questions to clear it up!
> 1. renaming SP 2.cab file to SP 2 cabe old file In my directory
> WINDOWS\DRIVER CACHE\1386 The file is a zip file. Is this the correct
> file?
> 2. When copying out the driver files, I can find C:\WINDOWS\Driver
> Cache\i386 but can't locate C:\dllcache in SP1
> 3. How do you know that these driver files in C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386
> are SP 1 files and not Sp 2 files
> 4. When you say replace SP2 version of the files with SP1 versions, do you
> mean delete them, or merely put the new folder with copied files.
> 5. If I can't find this folder :)\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache ) in system 32
> am I looking in the wrong place?
> Reading this back, I sound like a twit! Hope it makes some sense. Thanks
>

> --
> Persistent Pete
>

> "Treeman" wrote:
>

>> Hi Tommy,
>> Try this, roll-back to SP1 Drivers for Firewire.
>>
>> Go to C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386 & C:\dllcache in SP1 and copy out
>> the
>> following files
>> 1394bus.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
>> arp1394.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
>> nic1394.sys is in c:\Windows\System32\Drivers
>> ohci1394.sys is in C:\windows\System32\drivers
>> enum1394.sys is in C:\windows\system32\drivers
>> Copy out the following files to a new folder you can call
>> "Firewirefix," (without quotes)
>>
>> Stop XP Sp2 from re-installing it's drivers again by:
>> Renaming the SP2.cab file to (e.g. to SP2old.cab)
>>
>> Replace the SP2 versions of these files with the SP1 versions in
>> C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers & C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache in safe
>> mode.
>>
>> Go to device manager for your ohci firewire card and update SP2 drivers
>> to the SP1 drivers by pointing to Firewirefix.(warning message normal)
>> Reboot.
>>
>> Best,
>> Treeman
>>

>> --
>> Treeman

>> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
>> View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870934029

Try the automated version from Microsoft, find a link here
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/ProblemPages/CamNotWorkingUnderSP2.htm

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media