transfer from DVD camcorder to computer was working, but n..

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a problem here.

i recently bought a Sony handycam DVD recorder (uses small DVD's), to record
both photos and video. it works fine.

It came with a program to install onto windows XP (my system), that program
is "picture package menu". this program allows the computer to take the
video and photos from the DVD and store it onto the computer.

I also bought a DVD recorder that comes with NERO to record DVD's.

I have used both programs with this camcorder and everything was fine until
recently.

First, i noticed that Windows Media Player would play the DVD video's
transfered to my computer, but without sound. The nero program would play
the video with sound though. they are saved as MPEG-2 vidoes on the computer.

Next as of the end of June 2005, my computer will no longer recognize the
small DVD's. I have tried a system restore, but it didn't change anything.

WMA will now not play the previously saved video's either. the program
crashes and sends out error reports this is what I get back:

Problem Description
An analyst at Microsoft has investigated this problem and determined that an
unknown error occurred in A Filter (IVIVIDEO.AX). This software was created
by InterVideo, Inc.

Problem Resolution
Microsoft has researched this problem with InterVideo, Inc, and they do not
currently have a solution for the problem that you reported. Below is a list
of recommendations to take that may help prevent the problem from recurring.

i contacted intervideo, no response as of yet (3 weeks).

i removed and put back on both the DVD burner program and the Picture
Perfect Menu programs, no change.

the message i get from my computer is: this disk is not supported. I have
finalized the disc, and have not changed any settings in the camera. I was
on the phone to Sony for 2 hours trying everything with no change.

My computer used to play and download from the discs but not anymore. is
there a program i inadvertanly deleted where the computer is not recognizing
the smaller discs?

any help woud be greatly appreciated!
Daniel

Dan