Help - Pinnacle Adding MP3 Challenge

I am a new user and have just started down the road of movie making.
Pinnacle Studio version 7 came with my computer. I installed it and got the
latest update for that version. The problem is that I go to Album, Sound
Effects and then click the folder and map to the desired mp3 file and then
click Open. I then return to the Edit Sound Effects Window. The directory
is listed at the top, but there are no audio files listed. I have also not
found any way to drag an audio file in and place it on either audio track...
help.

Infoquest wrote:

> I am a new user and have just started down the road of movie making.
> Pinnacle Studio version 7 came with my computer. I installed it and got the

Studio 7? That is very old software.

> latest update for that version. The problem is that I go to Album, Sound
> Effects and then click the folder and map to the desired mp3 file and then
> click Open. I then return to the Edit Sound Effects Window. The directory
> is listed at the top, but there are no audio files listed. I have also not
> found any way to drag an audio file in and place it on either audio track...

Apparently there are mp3 files and then there are mp3 files. I have read
that Studio has a problem importing some mp3 files, especially if they have a
lot of the tagging info in them. This was a known issue with Studio 8, so it
probably existed in S7 as well.

What kind of a computer do you have that version 7 was installed on
it.

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:22:53 GMT, "Infoquest" <Infoquest@att.net>
wrote:

>I am a new user and have just started down the road of movie making.
>Pinnacle Studio version 7 came with my computer. I installed it and got the
>latest update for that version. The problem is that I go to Album, Sound
>Effects and then click the folder and map to the desired mp3 file and then
>click Open. I then return to the Edit Sound Effects Window. The directory
>is listed at the top, but there are no audio files listed. I have also not
>found any way to drag an audio file in and place it on either audio track...
>help.

It is a Gateway 500XL. I have had it about almost 2 years, but just started
learning about moving making. I started off with learning Windows Movie
Maker, but it can only create wma files. I then tried VideoImpression, but
it had a lot of problems when it came to creating the movie. I then noticed
I had a Pinnacle Studio software package that I never installed. I
installed it and have been playing around with it. It works okay if the
audio file is a wav file your you get it directly from the CD, but it just
does not recognize and show mp3 files in the album even after mapping to a
location that contains mp3 files.

Some people have told me that I should try Roxio 7.... thoughts?

"Donald Link" <linkd@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> What kind of a computer do you have that version 7 was installed on
> it.
>

> On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:22:53 GMT, "Infoquest" <Infoquest@att.net>
> wrote:
>
> >I am a new user and have just started down the road of movie making.
> >Pinnacle Studio version 7 came with my computer. I installed it and got
the
> >latest update for that version. The problem is that I go to Album, Sound
> >Effects and then click the folder and map to the desired mp3 file and
then
> >click Open. I then return to the Edit Sound Effects Window. The
directory
> >is listed at the top, but there are no audio files listed. I have also
not
> >found any way to drag an audio file in and place it on either audio
track...
> >help.

using Pinnacle 9 i go to album / sound effecs/ navegate to my mp3 folder,
double click any track and they all apear in the sound effecs menue 10 pages
of them. try double clicking a track .

"Infoquest" <Infoquest@att.net> wrote in message
> It is a Gateway 500XL. I have had it about almost 2 years, but just
started
> learning about moving making. I started off with learning Windows Movie
> Maker, but it can only create wma files. I then tried VideoImpression,
but
> it had a lot of problems when it came to creating the movie. I then
noticed
> I had a Pinnacle Studio software package that I never installed. I
> installed it and have been playing around with it. It works okay if the
> audio file is a wav file your you get it directly from the CD, but it just
> does not recognize and show mp3 files in the album even after mapping to a
> location that contains mp3 files.
>
> Some people have told me that I should try Roxio 7.... thoughts?
>
> "Donald Link" <linkd@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > What kind of a computer do you have that version 7 was installed on
> > it.
> >

> > On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:22:53 GMT, "Infoquest" <Infoquest@att.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I am a new user and have just started down the road of movie making.
> > >Pinnacle Studio version 7 came with my computer. I installed it and
got
> the
> > >latest update for that version. The problem is that I go to Album,
Sound
> > >Effects and then click the folder and map to the desired mp3 file and
> then
> > >click Open. I then return to the Edit Sound Effects Window. The
> directory
> > >is listed at the top, but there are no audio files listed. I have
also
> not
> > >found any way to drag an audio file in and place it on either audio
> track...
> > >help.

Darn... I was hopeful that was it. It works no problem if it is a wav
file. Is it possible that Pinnacle Studio 7 just does not support wav?
Could it have something to do with the codec used to create the MP3? Other
thoughts?

"Your-Nice" <Your-Nice@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> using Pinnacle 9 i go to album / sound effecs/ navegate to my mp3 folder,
> double click any track and they all apear in the sound effecs menue 10
pages
> of them. try double clicking a track .
>
> "Infoquest" <Infoquest@att.net> wrote in message
> > It is a Gateway 500XL. I have had it about almost 2 years, but just
> started
> > learning about moving making. I started off with learning Windows
Movie
> > Maker, but it can only create wma files. I then tried VideoImpression,
> but
> > it had a lot of problems when it came to creating the movie. I then
> noticed
> > I had a Pinnacle Studio software package that I never installed. I
> > installed it and have been playing around with it. It works okay if
the
> > audio file is a wav file your you get it directly from the CD, but it
just
> > does not recognize and show mp3 files in the album even after mapping to
> > location that contains mp3 files.
> >
> > Some people have told me that I should try Roxio 7.... thoughts?
> >
> > "Donald Link" <linkd@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > > What kind of a computer do you have that version 7 was installed on
> > > it.

> got
> > the
> Sound
> > then
> > directory
> also
> > not
> > track...

You meen does not suport Mp3s ? it might not try here
http://pinnacle.custhelp.com/ but there are little programs that covert
Mp3,s to wave files, a long way round but a way to do it .

> Darn... I was hopeful that was it. It works no problem if it is a wav
> file. Is it possible that Pinnacle Studio 7 just does not support wav?
> Could it have something to do with the codec used to create the MP3?
Other
> thoughts?
>
> "Your-Nice" <Your-Nice@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > using Pinnacle 9 i go to album / sound effecs/ navegate to my mp3
folder,
> > double click any track and they all apear in the sound effecs menue 10
> pages
> > of them. try double clicking a track .
> >
> > "Infoquest" <Infoquest@att.net> wrote in message
> > > It is a Gateway 500XL. I have had it about almost 2 years, but just
> > started
> > > learning about moving making. I started off with learning Windows
> Movie
> > > Maker, but it can only create wma files. I then tried
VideoImpression,
> > but
> > > it had a lot of problems when it came to creating the movie. I then
> > noticed
> > > I had a Pinnacle Studio software package that I never installed. I
> > > installed it and have been playing around with it. It works okay if
> the
> > > audio file is a wav file your you get it directly from the CD, but it
> just
> > > does not recognize and show mp3 files in the album even after mapping
> > > location that contains mp3 files.
> > >
> > > Some people have told me that I should try Roxio 7.... thoughts?
> > >
> > > "Donald Link" <linkd@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> > got
> > > the
> > Sound
> > > then
> > > directory
> > also
> > > not
> > > track...

this is a free dowload that converts Mp3 to wave simply drag mp3 to bottom
pain, right click and pick convert . hope this helps.
Rob.
http://www.quinnware.com/downloads.php

"Infoquest" <Infoquest@att.net> wrote in message
> It is a Gateway 500XL. I have had it about almost 2 years, but just
started
> learning about moving making. I started off with learning Windows Movie
> Maker, but it can only create wma files. I then tried VideoImpression,
but
> it had a lot of problems when it came to creating the movie. I then
noticed
> I had a Pinnacle Studio software package that I never installed. I
> installed it and have been playing around with it. It works okay if the
> audio file is a wav file your you get it directly from the CD, but it just
> does not recognize and show mp3 files in the album even after mapping to a
> location that contains mp3 files.
>
> Some people have told me that I should try Roxio 7.... thoughts?
>
> "Donald Link" <linkd@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > What kind of a computer do you have that version 7 was installed on
> > it.
> >

> > On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:22:53 GMT, "Infoquest" <Infoquest@att.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I am a new user and have just started down the road of movie making.
> > >Pinnacle Studio version 7 came with my computer. I installed it and
got
> the
> > >latest update for that version. The problem is that I go to Album,
Sound
> > >Effects and then click the folder and map to the desired mp3 file and
> then
> > >click Open. I then return to the Edit Sound Effects Window. The
> directory
> > >is listed at the top, but there are no audio files listed. I have
also
> not
> > >found any way to drag an audio file in and place it on either audio
> track...
> > >help.

Yes... MP3... whoops.

Thank you for the help. I tried their site... a couple entries in the
knowledge base almost made it sound like MP3 should be supported. I tried
sending them an e-mail, but they no longer support version 7 :(

> this is a free dowload that converts Mp3 to wave simply drag mp3 to bottom
> pain, right click and pick convert . hope this helps.
> Rob.
> http://www.quinnware.com/downloads.php
>
> "Infoquest" <Infoquest@att.net> wrote in message
> > It is a Gateway 500XL. I have had it about almost 2 years, but just
> started
> > learning about moving making. I started off with learning Windows
Movie
> > Maker, but it can only create wma files. I then tried VideoImpression,
> but
> > it had a lot of problems when it came to creating the movie. I then
> noticed
> > I had a Pinnacle Studio software package that I never installed. I
> > installed it and have been playing around with it. It works okay if
the
> > audio file is a wav file your you get it directly from the CD, but it
just
> > does not recognize and show mp3 files in the album even after mapping to
> > location that contains mp3 files.
> >
> > Some people have told me that I should try Roxio 7.... thoughts?
> >
> > "Donald Link" <linkd@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > > What kind of a computer do you have that version 7 was installed on
> > > it.

> got
> > the
> Sound
> > then
> > directory
> also
> > not
> > track...

kazaa might have vesion 8 :) not that i would suport such a site .

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 07:03:29 GMT, "Infoquest" <Infoquest@att.net>
wrote:

>It is a Gateway 500XL. I have had it about almost 2 years, but just started
>learning about moving making. I started off with learning Windows Movie
>Maker, but it can only create wma files.

MM2 can write DV AVI files in addition to wma.