playing audio or music

I have Windows XP, is there another way to play my music CD's without having
to use REAL Player. I thought I had another way before REAL Player somehow
moved into my computer. I have roxio, Sound Forge, Acid, but I once delete
Real Player and I could not get a CD to play, so I had to reload REAL Player
on a trial bases. I do have a sound card, I guess my real question is, do I
have to have a third party to play my CDs?

--

Public Access TV in San Antonio
Channel 20 Sat. 7:30 pm weekly

Leo Reyes wrote:
> I have Windows XP, is there another way to play my music CD's without
> having to use REAL Player. I thought I had another way before REAL
> Player somehow moved into my computer. I have roxio, Sound Forge,
> Acid, but I once delete Real Player and I could not get a CD to play,
> so I had to reload REAL Player on a trial bases. I do have a sound
> card, I guess my real question is, do I have to have a third party to
> play my CDs?

Typing "file association" in the Help & Support section gets you:
To associate a file name extension with a file type:
Open Folder Options in Control Panel;
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel;
Double-click Folder Options;.
On the File Types tab, click New;
Type a new or existing file name extension, and then click Advanced;
In Associated File Type, type or select New to create a file type to
associate with the file name extension.
-or-
Type or select a different file type to associate with the extension.

When you type a file extension in the Create New Extension dialog box, the
Associated File Type list displays the file type that is associated with
that extension. To select New, scroll to the top of the list.
For information about how to make modifications to the file type, click
Related Topics.
To change the program that opens a file, on the File Types tab, under
Registered file types, click the file type, and then click Change.

chrism

XP comes with it's own built-in software for playing music/video files (and
CDs) (Windows Media Player?). Or you can download the latest version(9) of
WMP from Microsofts website for free:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player.aspx

Cheers,

ChrisM.

PS, you would probably have got more answers posting this to an XP
newsgroup, rather than one about video files...

Leo Reyes wrote:

> I have Windows XP, is there another way to play my music CD's without
> having to use REAL Player. I thought I had another way before REAL
> Player somehow moved into my computer. I have roxio, Sound Forge,
> Acid, but I once delete Real Player and I could not get a CD to play,
> so I had to reload REAL Player on a trial bases. I do have a sound
> card, I guess my real question is, do I have to have a third party to
> play my CDs?

coolplayer
--

if I haven't given a url with my answer, try typing the keywords into
google.com