VHS to MPEG Solution

Hi,

I'm a film student working with a small video editing company.
Recently, we were offered a job that would require converting hundreds
of small clips, currently on VHS, to MPEG for streaming on the Web.
(Not porn, ha ha. =) They haven't given me a budget yet, but I'm
expecting to have a bit of cash to work with (fingers crossed, eh) to
buy any needed equippment.

I'd like to stick with Macintosh-based (Mac OS 9 or X) solutions since
that's what we're most familiar with, and presents the least
interruption to our workflow; but, I'm open to suggestions.

What would be perfect, possibly, would be something which could accept
the composite output from a VHS VCR, and convert it to an MPEG file on
the computer, allowing me to trim any uglies that got captured in the
process.

As always, any advice is appreciated.

Evil Robot

PS: Feel free to e-mail.

man, if you are doing pain in the !@# work like that, make sure they
pay you something worth while for it!

i am kinda new to the video arena, and i hope i don't get a lot of
stuff like that, but i am sure i will.

it reminds me of when i was a graphic artist, and people wanted me to
type letters and stuff. i eventually learned the difference between
"graffic design" and "desktop publishing"! why is it so many people do
not know the difference?!!!

-bongo

"bongo" <framexframe@verizon.net> wrote in message
> man, if you are doing pain in the !@# work like that, make sure they
> pay you something worth while for it!
>
> i am kinda new to the video arena, and i hope i don't get a lot of
> stuff like that, but i am sure i will.
>
> it reminds me of when i was a graphic artist, and people wanted me to
> type letters and stuff. i eventually learned the difference between
> "graffic design" and "desktop publishing"! why is it so many people do
> not know the difference?!!!
>
> -bongo

Very few will be hiring someone for either "Graphic Design"
or "Desktop Publishing" who can't work a shift key properly.

Ken

TRENDING THREADS