Program to burn .AVI files to DVD for play in Home DVD pla..

July 31, 2005 7:56:20 PM

Well, I guess the subject line says it all.

I am Looking for a good program that will let me (If it exists) take
..AVI files, and burn them to a DVD for play in my Sony home DVD player.

Can this be done?

I would like to be able to watch these files/Movies on my TV set, using
my DVD player.

TIA

Michael
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 8:33:03 PM

You could run the files thru windows encoder,by running convert audio/video
once converted,transfer the files to dvd.

"Michael Arends" wrote:

> Well, I guess the subject line says it all.
>
> I am Looking for a good program that will let me (If it exists) take
> ..AVI files, and burn them to a DVD for play in my Sony home DVD player.
>
> Can this be done?
>
> I would like to be able to watch these files/Movies on my TV set, using
> my DVD player.
>
> TIA
>
> Michael

Anonymous
August 1, 2005 5:20:39 AM

Smiling Wickedly, Andrew E. answered:
> You could run the files thru windows encoder,by running convert audio/video
> once converted,transfer the files to dvd.

Windows Encoder?

Link Please?
August 1, 2005 11:38:47 AM

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/e...
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Michael Arends" <windows_xp_fans@UGLYSPAMearthlink.net> wrote in message
> Smiling Wickedly, Andrew E. answered:
>> You could run the files thru windows encoder,by running convert
>> audio/video
>> once converted,transfer the files to dvd.
>
> Windows Encoder?
>
> Link Please?
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 10:14:30 PM

Smiling Wickedly, Michael Arends answered:
> Smiling Wickedly, Andrew E. answered:
>
>> You could run the files thru windows encoder,by running convert audio/video
>> once converted,transfer the files to dvd.
>

> Windows Encoder?
>
> Link Please?

OK, I got the windows encoder program. BUT, it appears the only format
it appears that the only format it produces, are .WMV files.

Can *these* be burnt to a DVD and them played in a Home DVD player?

Now, I don't know enough about this, as I've never tried it before. So,
I guess that makes me a Newbie.

I've got some .AVI files of some Family gatherings at my folks.

It has been expressed to me, they would love it if i could burn them to
disk so that My folks could watch them.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 11:25:21 PM

WHat dvd burning programme came with your burner? Nero? Roxio? Both of these
would do it.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes