sony handycam video to Movie Maker 2

I need to know to import my videos from my Sony Handycam DCR-DVD301. I just
got a laptop with movie maker on it and would love to get to use it so i can
make a dvd of my vaction. How am i able to get an MPEG file on MM2? Need help
thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about sony handycam video movie maker

    MovieMaker doesn't really like MPEG files. Sometimes it will import them
    just fine, sometimes it won't.

    A better program for editing MPEG files: PowerDirector
    (www.gocyberlink.com) or WinDVD Creator (www.intervideo.com).
    --
    Have a look at PapaJohn's page on specific Sony issues.
    http://www.eicsoftware.com/PapaJohn/MM2/MM2-Camcorders-Sony.html

    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "kortni87" <kortni87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I need to know to import my videos from my Sony Handycam DCR-DVD301. I
    >just
    > got a laptop with movie maker on it and would love to get to use it so i
    > can
    > make a dvd of my vaction. How am i able to get an MPEG file on MM2? Need
    > help
    > thanks.

    i used windvd creator and the video froze during playback in certain parts
    and wasw choppy on a dvd and computer.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > MovieMaker doesn't really like MPEG files. Sometimes it will import them
    > just fine, sometimes it won't.
    >
    > A better program for editing MPEG files: PowerDirector
    > (www.gocyberlink.com) or WinDVD Creator (www.intervideo.com).
    > --
    > Have a look at PapaJohn's page on specific Sony issues.
    > http://www.eicsoftware.com/PapaJohn/MM2/MM2-Camcorders-Sony.html
    >
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "kortni87" <kortni87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I need to know to import my videos from my Sony Handycam DCR-DVD301. I
    > >just
    > > got a laptop with movie maker on it and would love to get to use it so i
    > > can
    > > make a dvd of my vaction. How am i able to get an MPEG file on MM2? Need
    > > help
    > > thanks.

    Also when i import the video into movie maker i get audio but no picture. Is
    that fixable?

    "kortni87" wrote:

    > i used windvd creator and the video froze during playback in certain parts
    > and wasw choppy on a dvd and computer.
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    > > MovieMaker doesn't really like MPEG files. Sometimes it will import them
    > > just fine, sometimes it won't.
    > >
    > > A better program for editing MPEG files: PowerDirector
    > > (www.gocyberlink.com) or WinDVD Creator (www.intervideo.com).
    > > --
    > > Have a look at PapaJohn's page on specific Sony issues.
    > > http://www.eicsoftware.com/PapaJohn/MM2/MM2-Camcorders-Sony.html
    > >
    > > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > > Printing & Imaging
    > >

    > > "kortni87" <kortni87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > >I need to know to import my videos from my Sony Handycam DCR-DVD301. I
    > > >just
    > > > got a laptop with movie maker on it and would love to get to use it so i
    > > > can
    > > > make a dvd of my vaction. How am i able to get an MPEG file on MM2? Need
    > > > help
    > > > thanks.

    you need to convert the mpeg files to avi or wmv.
    Check out Stoik,
    http://www.myvideoproblems.com/WebPages/UsefulProgrammes.htm

    Graham

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    > Also when i import the video into movie maker i get audio but no picture.
    > Is
    > that fixable?
    >
    > "kortni87" wrote:
    >
    >> i used windvd creator and the video froze during playback in certain
    >> parts
    >> and wasw choppy on a dvd and computer.
    >>
    >> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >>
    >> > MovieMaker doesn't really like MPEG files. Sometimes it will import
    >> > them
    >> > just fine, sometimes it won't.
    >> >
    >> > A better program for editing MPEG files: PowerDirector
    >> > (www.gocyberlink.com) or WinDVD Creator (www.intervideo.com).
    >> > --
    >> > Have a look at PapaJohn's page on specific Sony issues.
    >> > http://www.eicsoftware.com/PapaJohn/MM2/MM2-Camcorders-Sony.html
    >> >
    >> > Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> > Printing & Imaging
    >> >

    >> > "kortni87" <kortni87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    I installed the stoik video converter 2.1 and when i try to convert it to WMV
    for LAN (1 Mbps) it says video clips not definded any suggestions?

    "Graham Hughes" wrote:

    > you need to convert the mpeg files to avi or wmv.
    > Check out Stoik,
    > http://www.myvideoproblems.com/WebPages/UsefulProgrammes.htm
    >
    > Graham
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    >

    > "kortni87" <kortni87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Also when i import the video into movie maker i get audio but no picture.
    > > Is
    > > that fixable?
    > >
    > > "kortni87" wrote:
    > >
    > >> i used windvd creator and the video froze during playback in certain
    > >> parts
    > >> and wasw choppy on a dvd and computer.

    Perhaps google for another mpeg to wmv or avi converter and try that?

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    >I installed the stoik video converter 2.1 and when i try to convert it to
    >WMV
    > for LAN (1 Mbps) it says video clips not definded any suggestions?
    >

    > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
    >
    >> you need to convert the mpeg files to avi or wmv.
    >> Check out Stoik,
    >> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/WebPages/UsefulProgrammes.htm
    >>
    >> Graham
    >>
    >> --
    >> Graham Hughes
    >> MVP Digital Media
    >> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
    >> www.dvds2treasure.com
    >> www.simplydv.com
    >>

    >> "kortni87" <kortni87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Also when i import the video into movie maker i get audio but no
    >> > picture.
    >> > Is
    >> > that fixable?

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    I got it to work thank you for all your help

Video Sony Movie Maker Windows XP