Olympus C700 AC Adapter

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
December 27, 2004 1:27:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Any idea on where to get one of these besides Olympus? And what
voltage/current the camera requires?

Thanks.

Fred

More about : olympus c700 adapter

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 1:43:08 AM

Fred wrote:
> Any idea on where to get one of these besides Olympus? And what
> voltage/current the camera requires?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Fred

Voltage is marked on the side of the camera, right
beside the jack. 6.5 volts.

No idea how much current. I'd guess at least a couple
of amps. Certainly not your usual run-of-the-mill
little wall wart.

Ken
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 2:18:41 AM

"Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message
> Any idea on where to get one of these besides Olympus? And what
> voltage/current the camera requires?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Fred

You can buy everything you want on eBay. Here is the url to the adapter:
December 27, 2004 9:41:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

The ac adaptor at Radio Shack designed for camera use works fine on my c750.
"Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message
> Any idea on where to get one of these besides Olympus? And what
> voltage/current the camera requires?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Fred

December 27, 2004 12:34:50 PM

"Ken Weitzel" <kweitzel@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> Fred wrote:
> > Any idea on where to get one of these besides Olympus? And what
> > voltage/current the camera requires?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Fred
>

> Voltage is marked on the side of the camera, right
> beside the jack. 6.5 volts.

Thanks! Man, you have got good eyes!

> No idea how much current. I'd guess at least a couple
> of amps. Certainly not your usual run-of-the-mill
> little wall wart.
>
> Ken

December 27, 2004 12:34:51 PM

"Harvey" <hcohenREMOVE@frontiernetTHIS.net> wrote in message

> "Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message
> > Any idea on where to get one of these besides Olympus? And what
> > voltage/current the camera requires?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Fred
> >

> You can buy everything you want on eBay. Here is the url to the adapter:

Thanks, Harvey. I saw these guys earlier. $15+$8 for shipping seems high
and they wouldn't sell it for less.

Fred
December 27, 2004 12:35:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Many thanks, G!

"gemwer" <gemery4@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> The ac adaptor at Radio Shack designed for camera use works fine on my
c750.
> "Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message
> > Any idea on where to get one of these besides Olympus? And what
> > voltage/current the camera requires?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Fred

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 7:24:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message
> Any idea on where to get one of these besides Olympus? And what
> voltage/current the camera requires?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Fred

Voltage for most Olympus cameras is 6.5V at 2.0 Amps.

http://www.digipowersolutions.com/show_product.php3?pid...

ACD-100 Universal AC Power Supply for most Digital Cameras and other
electronic devices (ACD-100)

ACD-OL AC Power Supply for select Olympus Digital Cameras (ACD-OL)

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

In article <KVGzd.16141$_62.5244@trnddc01>,
"Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote:

> Any idea on where to get one of these besides Olympus? And what
> voltage/current the camera requires?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Fred

My Digital Concepts Universal AC Adapter (model CH-999) works great with
my Olympus C4000zoom.
http://www.bizrate.com/buy/noncat_prod_details__oid--19...
December 29, 2004 2:53:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Thanks CSM and nosredna! The literature I saw said 2100 mA at 6.5V.

I just picked up an adapter at Frys Electronics for $19.99. I saw some on
ebay and elsewhere cheaper, but by the time you add the $5-10 "shipping and
handling" and wonder what kind of adapter you're "really" going to get.... I
thought this one was the best choice. And it's a universal job - all kinds
of voltages, and current up to 2500 mA, so that's fine for the C700 and my
other junk too.