FCP will not run on my Powerbook

FCP worked ok for about two weeks then stopped.

Now FCP just won't run: no error message, no splash screen, nothing.
The application icon bounces and then nothing...just spinning wheel of
death. FCP 4, 4.1 & 4.5 all do the same.

The Powerbook is 1.25 Ghz machine with OS 10.3.4. Totally stable and
running other standard apps (Office, Photoshop etc) without problem.

So far I have:

reinstalled the system
checked the disk with diskwarrior and disk utility
deleted every trace of FCP and reinstalled
deleted all FCP cache files as per Apple Knowledgebase articles

(that's not the order I did those thngs in...I've done each more than
once)

I have FCP 4.5 running on my G4/833 with a similar OS setup and it's
stable, fast, just perfect.

Anyone got any ideas?

I know I could do a low level format on the disc and totally start
again but I want to avoid that if possible.

On 8 Jul 2004 03:32:53 -0700, gordonplant@yahoo.co.uk
(gordoncardiff2001) wrote:

>I know I could do a low level format on the disc and totally start
>again but I want to avoid that if possible.

Might be a hardware problem. We had something similar, and it turned
out to be a faulty mo-bo. But, YMMV :)

cheers

-martin-

--
"My e-mail address is random one from my blacklist of recurring spammers.
My little revenge to put them back on their own spamlists :) "

> >I know I could do a low level format on the disc and totally start
> >again but I want to avoid that if possible.
>
> Might be a hardware problem. We had something similar, and it turned
> out to be a faulty mo-bo. But, YMMV :)

Did it take a trip to your friendly local Apple dealer to diagnose the
hardware problem? Did you have any other indications of trouble apart
from it not running FCP?

Thanks

Gordon