Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

The rich are at it again

Tags:
Last response: in News & Leisure
Share
May 4, 2012 3:26:38 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/david-koc...

The filthy stuck up, no good worthless rich, only doing things for themselves

More about : rich

May 4, 2012 1:17:06 PM

That will help infrastructure.
May 4, 2012 1:18:52 PM

Those evil Koch people. Spawn of satan they are.
Related resources
May 4, 2012 1:25:13 PM

I tried to address this in the other rich folks thread. And that is partly what Stephen Kings Op Ed was about.

Charity is not equal to taxation.
May 4, 2012 1:27:14 PM

Also I am not saying this is a bad thing. Good for them I'm sure the Smithsonian is going to be even more awesome with this addition.

Im just saying you claim that people will just give more monies to the government when in reality they give their money to private foundations or groups that interest them.
May 4, 2012 1:46:43 PM

wanamingo said:
Also I am not saying this is a bad thing. Good for them I'm sure the Smithsonian is going to be even more awesome with this addition.

Im just saying you claim that people will just give more monies to the government when in reality they give their money to private foundations or groups that interest them.



Yup, it's called freedom.
May 4, 2012 5:08:10 PM

That's good to see investment in the science world.

I was reading an article about how NASA has fallen apart and isn't striving like it did in the 60s. The reason being that there was excitement build around it, the idea being to get more kids involved in the sciences. Today, we don't have any hype or things to get kids interested in it.. landing on the moon motivated a lot of people. Today, we have nothing like that to look forward to.
May 4, 2012 7:22:50 PM

Today, riser, we have kids who think getting a job as a video game player is a reality, that American Idol will make them famous, that school is boring and will never help them be a person who everyone should worship. kids these days think math is nothing but useless numbers, that natural science has no merit in Jersey Shore, that Obama and Romney will give them what they want. They think college is all about partying, and that professors are just there because they are old people who just have no life.

Kids these days don't recall that we as a nation put 2 men on the moon in '69. They don't even no one name of a representative or senator in their state.

Education is failing is because kids are not motivated. They are lazy, self-centered, and have no obligation to innovate or place value for society. They have no clue that work is valued, that an education and actually doing a damned thing in life actually gets you somewhere. They think the 'rich' want them poor...guess what guys!

kids these days think someone else will take care of them, to do the job...whatever is needed. The older generation tell them that their older self's have ruined this country and that the newer younger generation such as said kids will fix it. I have no hope for such pipe dream.

There are resources to be fabricated with...but kids only want to consume them. There are inventions to be though of, built, and utilized; but kids these days only think they will happen when someone else does them. There is money circulating an entire economy...why get a job says the kid who thinks nothing but dreams of fantasy reality.

We live in a world, where parents have allowed such things to happen. we have bred a generation of complacent parasites.

Wounder why the Koch Bros. wont invest in anything else? Please read the above essay...
May 4, 2012 7:37:21 PM

I was saying in nothing... that is the anything else...unless they liked Solyndra?
May 5, 2012 12:29:54 AM

dogman_1234 said:
Today, riser, we have kids who think getting a job as a video game player is a reality, that American Idol will make them famous, that school is boring and will never help them be a person who everyone should worship. kids these days think math is nothing but useless numbers, that natural science has no merit in Jersey Shore, that Obama and Romney will give them what they want. They think college is all about partying, and that professors are just there because they are old people who just have no life.

Kids these days don't recall that we as a nation put 2 men on the moon in '69. They don't even no one name of a representative or senator in their state.

Education is failing is because kids are not motivated. They are lazy, self-centered, and have no obligation to innovate or place value for society. They have no clue that work is valued, that an education and actually doing a damned thing in life actually gets you somewhere. They think the 'rich' want them poor...guess what guys!

kids these days think someone else will take care of them, to do the job...whatever is needed. The older generation tell them that their older self's have ruined this country and that the newer younger generation such as said kids will fix it. I have no hope for such pipe dream.

There are resources to be fabricated with...but kids only want to consume them. There are inventions to be though of, built, and utilized; but kids these days only think they will happen when someone else does them. There is money circulating an entire economy...why get a job says the kid who thinks nothing but dreams of fantasy reality.

We live in a world, where parents have allowed such things to happen. we have bred a generation of complacent parasites.

Wounder why the Koch Bros. wont invest in anything else? Please read the above essay...



Doggy correct me if I am wrong but your a kid still at school?

May 5, 2012 2:48:13 AM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/david-koc...

The filthy stuck up, no good worthless rich, only doing things for themselves
Are you jealous of the rich because they have it and you do not.Romney the so called next president is rich and you will love to exist under his regime if he wins.
May 5, 2012 5:54:30 AM

Reynod said:
Doggy correct me if I am wrong but your a kid still at school?

I'm done with school.

Begun my life long time ago. this is a reflection on my, older, and newer generation.
May 6, 2012 2:47:29 AM

dogman_1234 said:
I'm done with school.

Begun my life long time ago. this is a reflection on my, older, and newer generation.
It is shameful they took a survey and the U.S. is in last place regarding science and math.Korea, Japan, and Finland are in the top three classes.I blame this on this internet we have where children today are to lazy to pick up a book and read it!To many dumb video games, and social sites to waste their time on.In my time education was imperative and we cared about it and today it is not important at all.Respect these students lack and to much liberation they have.We have a serious problem we are facing today.
May 6, 2012 6:24:32 AM

musical marv said:
It is shameful they took a survey and the U.S. is in last place regarding science and math.Korea, Japan, and Finland are in the top three classes.

1)I blame this on this internet we have where children today are to lazy to pick up a book and read it!

2)To many dumb video games, and social sites to waste their time on.In my time education was imperative and we cared about it and today it is not important at all.

3)Respect these students lack and to much liberation they have.We have a serious problem we are facing today.


1) I have used the internet for self enrichment in science, psyche, and faith. Fusion, maglev, economics, chemical/electrical/mechanical engineering.

2) I agree. However, games there days have become mindless. Let us pick up tetris which has been shown to help cognition.

3) we ourselves and people can only self-liberate. What do you think a revolution is? Doesn't have to be a war-revolution, just a dramatic change in culture.
May 7, 2012 2:56:58 AM

dogman_1234 said:
1) I have used the internet for self enrichment in science, psyche, and faith. Fusion, maglev, economics, chemical/electrical/mechanical engineering.

2) I agree. However, games there days have become mindless. Let us pick up tetris which has been shown to help cognition.

3) we ourselves and people can only self-liberate. What do you think a revolution is? Doesn't have to be a war-revolution, just a dramatic change in culture.
I agree we need a change in culture today. Young people must be aware what is going on in the world and what we confronted with.Foremost the word respect must come back among the youth and adults today.
May 7, 2012 3:08:35 PM

musical marv said:
Are you jealous of the rich because they have it and you do not.Romney the so called next president is rich and you will love to exist under his regime if he wins.

I'm not jealous. I'd like to be one of the rich. It does not need to be a zero sum game. My doing better does not need to steal money from your pockets. The fact that it happens so much just illustrates the disgusting lack of honesty and ethical behavior today.

In fact, I'd be satisfied with just the $2 million that Obama has spent hiding his records.
!