ulf

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2001

Had my JVC for a year, worked fine with XP home, until I lately tried to take
still pics from the cameras memory card to Windows MovieMaker. This, or
something else, has caused that importing a approx. 1 Mb picture from the
camera memory card, ends up in the computer as a 13 kb pic.
Im using the "scanner and camera guide" for import. Firewire cable. Any ideas?

It's generally easiest to use usb and windows explorer to get stills.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Ulf" <Ulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Had my JVC for a year, worked fine with XP home, until I lately tried to
> take
> still pics from the cameras memory card to Windows MovieMaker. This, or
> something else, has caused that importing a approx. 1 Mb picture from the
> camera memory card, ends up in the computer as a 13 kb pic.
> Im using the "scanner and camera guide" for import. Firewire cable. Any
> ideas?

ulf

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2001

I agree, but using USB required also to use the supplied software with the DV
camera, "Imagemixer" and that program is not certified with Microsoft, which
I really found out!!! With imagemixer on the computer, Windows Update doesnt
work! Therefore I went for Firewire instead.

Another possible reason for my problems: I bought a Sandisk 128 Mb memory
card, and swapped with the supplied 8 Mb MMC card. The manual has a table of
memory size and picture number possibility at different quality, that table
only runs up to 64 Mb. Could memory size affect drawn current from the
battery, and thereby making the camera going bezerk?

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> It's generally easiest to use usb and windows explorer to get stills.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "Ulf" <Ulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Had my JVC for a year, worked fine with XP home, until I lately tried to
> > take
> > still pics from the cameras memory card to Windows MovieMaker. This, or
> > something else, has caused that importing a approx. 1 Mb picture from the
> > camera memory card, ends up in the computer as a 13 kb pic.
> > Im using the "scanner and camera guide" for import. Firewire cable. Any
> > ideas?

ulf

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2001

Forgot to mention the model of camera... it´s JVC GR-D93.

BR / Ulf

"Ulf" wrote:

> I agree, but using USB required also to use the supplied software with the DV
> camera, "Imagemixer" and that program is not certified with Microsoft, which
> I really found out!!! With imagemixer on the computer, Windows Update doesnt
> work! Therefore I went for Firewire instead.
>
> Another possible reason for my problems: I bought a Sandisk 128 Mb memory
> card, and swapped with the supplied 8 Mb MMC card. The manual has a table of
> memory size and picture number possibility at different quality, that table
> only runs up to 64 Mb. Could memory size affect drawn current from the
> battery, and thereby making the camera going bezerk?
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
> > It's generally easiest to use usb and windows explorer to get stills.
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> >

> > "Ulf" <Ulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Had my JVC for a year, worked fine with XP home, until I lately tried to
> > > take
> > > still pics from the cameras memory card to Windows MovieMaker. This, or
> > > something else, has caused that importing a approx. 1 Mb picture from the
> > > camera memory card, ends up in the computer as a 13 kb pic.
> > > Im using the "scanner and camera guide" for import. Firewire cable. Any
> > > ideas?

Did you try using a card reader?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

> Forgot to mention the model of camera... it´s JVC GR-D93.
>
> BR / Ulf
>
> "Ulf" wrote:
>
>> I agree, but using USB required also to use the supplied software with
>> the DV
>> camera, "Imagemixer" and that program is not certified with Microsoft,
>> which
>> I really found out!!! With imagemixer on the computer, Windows Update
>> doesnt
>> work! Therefore I went for Firewire instead.
>>
>> Another possible reason for my problems: I bought a Sandisk 128 Mb memory
>> card, and swapped with the supplied 8 Mb MMC card. The manual has a table
>> of
>> memory size and picture number possibility at different quality, that
>> table
>> only runs up to 64 Mb. Could memory size affect drawn current from the
>> battery, and thereby making the camera going bezerk?
>>
>> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>>
>> > It's generally easiest to use usb and windows explorer to get stills.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Graham Hughes
>> > MVP Digital Media
>> > www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
>> > www.dvds2treasure.com
>> > www.simplydv.com
>> >

>> > "Ulf" <Ulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

ulf

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2001

No, since this is my only digital equipment, didnt feel like that was
nessessary to get.
Why is a memory reader better?
Ulf