Picture freezes at end of each file

I've been making DVDs from my DV footage for awhile & viewing on my
computer, but only just got a DVD player. At the end of each chapter
(where each chapter represents a seperate MPG file) the picture
freezes for a couple of seconds while the player finds the start of
the next file. Is this unusual?
On commercial DVDs the player dosn't do this when changing from one
..VOB file to the next.

If it matters the media is -R, +R or +RW, the authoring program is
(the much maligned) MyDVD 4.5 which has been fine for my purposes and
was free with my burner. The DVD player is an LG 8621P.

The computer just plays the contiguous files without a break as I'd
expect the DVD player to do.

On 10 Jul 2004 20:43:52 -0700, karlengel@excite.com (Karl Engel)
wrote:

>I've been making DVDs from my DV footage for awhile & viewing on my
>computer, but only just got a DVD player. At the end of each chapter
>(where each chapter represents a seperate MPG file) the picture
>freezes for a couple of seconds while the player finds the start of
>the next file. Is this unusual?
>On commercial DVDs the player dosn't do this when changing from one
>.VOB file to the next.

The commercial DVDs you speak of, are made from 1 mpeg file. If you
want continuous play for your clips, join them into 1 mpeg before
authoring.