Connect to network share (from pocket pc 2003 to XP)

May 19, 2004 7:21:19 PM

Hi,

I'm not able to connect (using active sync 3.7) to my desktop shares

(when using an emulator ppc 2003 everything works)

Can anyone help me out :-)

Arne
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 8:24:12 PM

the default file explorer should be able to view network shares and transfer
files between the devices, but you can not, open a file (such as an mp3 or
word document, across the network share using the default file explorer. to
have "full" access to the files on the network share you need a third part
app such as resco file explorer.

"Arne" <dontuse@microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi,

I'm not able to connect (using active sync 3.7) to my desktop shares

(when using an emulator ppc 2003 everything works)

Can anyone help me out :-)

Arne
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 5:36:39 AM

My problem is that I can't even get a connection, and see any files
on my emulator I'm asked to login with user and password, but from my device
I can't even get that far

arne

"Knott Me" <knott_me@SPAMSUX.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> the default file explorer should be able to view network shares and
transfer
> files between the devices, but you can not, open a file (such as an mp3
or
> word document, across the network share using the default file explorer.
> have "full" access to the files on the network share you need a third part
> app such as resco file explorer.
>

> "Arne" <dontuse@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm not able to connect (using active sync 3.7) to my desktop shares
>
> (when using an emulator ppc 2003 everything works)
>
> Can anyone help me out :-)
>
> Arne

May 20, 2004 10:36:29 PM

"Arne" <dontuse@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm not able to connect (using active sync 3.7) to my desktop shares

I've finally got that sorted, I think - I enabled the NetBIOS protocol in
Network Settings after reading an article somewhere on the internet. I
think it was that, anyway - I changed several things at the same time.

Why is there so little documentation about Windows Mobile? I got almost
nothing with the Pocket PC, and there are no books in either PC World or my
local bookshop, which both have a large selection of computing books.

I'm using Windows 2000 Professional and I've now got the file sharing
working, I've got my PDA running ASP pages in IIS on my laptop and I once
had internet sharing working, but I've never got ActiveSync to connect over
my wireless (802.11b) link, so if anyone wants to share that secret I'd be
grateful!

Andrew
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 3:35:42 AM