Sony HandyCam Problem

I recently bought a Sony HandyCam and have trouble copying/transferring video
to my Dell Desktop. I am using the software that came with the camera and have
no problem transferring still shots off of the memory stick. However when I try
to viwe/transfer video I get a "Fatal Error " and my PC shuts down. I believe
that it may have to do with a conflict with Roxio, any advice?

Thx,

Gene

"Caps990" wrote ...
> I recently bought a Sony HandyCam and have trouble copying/
> transferring video to my Dell Desktop. I am using the software
> that came with the camera and have no problem transferring still
> shots off of the memory stick. However when I try to viwe/transfer
> video I get a "Fatal Error " and my PC shuts down. I believe
> that it may have to do with a conflict with Roxio, any advice?

You didn't mention HOW you are interconnecting your camcorder
with your computer. Be aware that you likely can *NOT* use the
USB connection for full-motion video. Firewire is the most common
interconnection used for consumer video capture.

Rich

"Caps990" <caps990@aol.com> wrote in message

> I recently bought a Sony HandyCam and have trouble copying/transferring
video
> to my Dell Desktop. I am using the software that came with the camera and
have
> no problem transferring still shots off of the memory stick. However when
I try
> to viwe/transfer video I get a "Fatal Error " and my PC shuts down. I
believe
> that it may have to do with a conflict with Roxio, any advice?
>
> Thx,
>
> Gene

You might consider using FireWire, i.Link, IEEE 1394 (all the same). Your
PC will require FireWire capability if it doesn't already have it (it's
relatively cheap).

Rich