Sony HandyCam Problem

I recently bought a Sony HandyCam and have trouble copying/transferring video
to my Dell Desktop. I am using the software that came with the camera and have
no problem transferring still shots off of the memory stick. However when I try
to viwe/transfer video I get a "Fatal Error " and my PC shuts down. I believe
that it may have to do with a conflict with Roxio, any advice?

Thx,

Gene
2 answers Last reply
More about sony handycam problem

    "Caps990" wrote ...
    > I recently bought a Sony HandyCam and have trouble copying/
    > transferring video to my Dell Desktop. I am using the software
    > that came with the camera and have no problem transferring still
    > shots off of the memory stick. However when I try to viwe/transfer
    > video I get a "Fatal Error " and my PC shuts down. I believe
    > that it may have to do with a conflict with Roxio, any advice?

    You didn't mention HOW you are interconnecting your camcorder
    with your computer. Be aware that you likely can *NOT* use the
    USB connection for full-motion video. Firewire is the most common
    interconnection used for consumer video capture.

    "Caps990" <caps990@aol.com> wrote in message

    > I recently bought a Sony HandyCam and have trouble copying/transferring
    video
    > to my Dell Desktop. I am using the software that came with the camera and
    have
    > no problem transferring still shots off of the memory stick. However when
    I try
    > to viwe/transfer video I get a "Fatal Error " and my PC shuts down. I
    believe
    > that it may have to do with a conflict with Roxio, any advice?
    >
    > Thx,
    >
    > Gene

    You might consider using FireWire, i.Link, IEEE 1394 (all the same). Your
    PC will require FireWire capability if it doesn't already have it (it's
    relatively cheap).

    Rich

Tuner Cards Sony Desktops Video Graphics