i have a 2002 16.1 in sony vaio with a dvd -r/rw combo. updated driver.
recently decided to try to burn dvds using dvd shink 3 and copytodvd se
software. have nero and 1clickdvdcopy4.2 also. all the burning programs
give me a .."please insert a writable media ". i put in a new clean
scratchless dvd-rw. the kicker is that i have been able to burn dvds the
day before. is it dvd rom dirty? itll play rerecorded disc with no problem.

and formatting a disc..? when i was sucessful with a burn the blank would
format first. i want to try a manual format but cant find how to
anywhere.......help!! thanks
--
todd

as a followup..i cleaned the lens so now i should rule out ..dirt. still
bogged down in mud here???!!!
--
todd

"bkk todd" wrote:

> i have a 2002 16.1 in sony vaio with a dvd -r/rw combo. updated driver.
> recently decided to try to burn dvds using dvd shink 3 and copytodvd se
> software. have nero and 1clickdvdcopy4.2 also. all the burning programs
> give me a .."please insert a writable media ". i put in a new clean
> scratchless dvd-rw. the kicker is that i have been able to burn dvds the
> day before. is it dvd rom dirty? itll play rerecorded disc with no problem.
>
> and formatting a disc..? when i was sucessful with a burn the blank would
> format first. i want to try a manual format but cant find how to
> anywhere.......help!! thanks
> --
> todd

nero should have a format option. Open it up, click on dvd tab at the top
and then search the options, possibly under utilities, or something like
that.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media