Transferring video using Record Now!

Can someone please help me? I am transferring my videos to a dvd, the total
time for the videos that I wish to transfer is 3 hours and 15 minutes, but
when I transfer the data on a dvd which is suppose to hold 120 mins per dvd I
have to use 3 dvds. The video is saved in a mpeg movie file. Can I save the
file in some other file format to make it fit on less dvds. Thanks
--
Flasherpdg
4 answers Last reply

    No, two hours is just about all you can fit on a single layer DVD. Split
    your original MPEG in half.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "flasher" <flasher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone please help me? I am transferring my videos to a dvd, the
    > total
    > time for the videos that I wish to transfer is 3 hours and 15 minutes, but
    > when I transfer the data on a dvd which is suppose to hold 120 mins per
    > dvd I
    > have to use 3 dvds. The video is saved in a mpeg movie file. Can I save
    > the
    > file in some other file format to make it fit on less dvds. Thanks
    > --
    > Flasherpdg

    I know that I have to use 2 DVDS but I had to use three to record less that
    240 mins of play time.
    --
    Flasherpdg

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > No, two hours is just about all you can fit on a single layer DVD. Split
    > your original MPEG in half.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "flasher" <flasher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can someone please help me? I am transferring my videos to a dvd, the
    > > total
    > > time for the videos that I wish to transfer is 3 hours and 15 minutes, but
    > > when I transfer the data on a dvd which is suppose to hold 120 mins per
    > > dvd I
    > > have to use 3 dvds. The video is saved in a mpeg movie file. Can I save
    > > the
    > > file in some other file format to make it fit on less dvds. Thanks
    > > --
    > > Flasherpdg

    "Standard Play" on a DVD is an hour. "Long Play" is 2 hours.
    --

    >I know that I have to use 2 DVDS but I had to use three to record less that
    > 240 mins of play time.
    > --
    > Flasherpdg
    >

    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> No, two hours is just about all you can fit on a single layer DVD. Split
    >> your original MPEG in half.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >> "flasher" <flasher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Can someone please help me? I am transferring my videos to a dvd, the
    >> > total
    >> > time for the videos that I wish to transfer is 3 hours and 15 minutes,
    >> > but
    >> > when I transfer the data on a dvd which is suppose to hold 120 mins per
    >> > dvd I
    >> > have to use 3 dvds. The video is saved in a mpeg movie file. Can I
    >> > save
    >> > the
    >> > file in some other file format to make it fit on less dvds. Thanks
    >> > --
    >> > Flasherpdg

    as experienced,, capacity of dvds is not based on minutes but on the total
    bytes
    used.. e.g. if you have a 1 hour 15 min. length , 5.8gigabytes video
    --it doesnt mean to say you could fit all in a 120 min dvd-r. for sure your
    120 min dvds has a 4.7 gig capacity. so you are gonna need another disc for
    your 5.8 video. and trust me..dont fill up all the disc capacity. it might
    not run smoothly on certain dvd players.
    lemmor

    "flasher" wrote:

    > Can someone please help me? I am transferring my videos to a dvd, the total
    > time for the videos that I wish to transfer is 3 hours and 15 minutes, but
    > when I transfer the data on a dvd which is suppose to hold 120 mins per dvd I
    > have to use 3 dvds. The video is saved in a mpeg movie file. Can I save the
    > file in some other file format to make it fit on less dvds. Thanks
    > --
    > Flasherpdg

Video DVD Windows XP