Unable to capture VHS

August 7, 2005 5:04:02 AM

Hi All,
I am attempting to copy my videos onto my pc but cannot get picture the
sound is ok. I occassionaly get a green screen also. I am using Gigabyte
6600gt vivo graphics card with Nvidia WDM video capture driver and is the
latest version. The drivers are installed in device manager but the do share
IRQ setting with 2 usb ports which may be the problem. I am using Movie
Maker, pinnicale studio 9, virtualdub and now Movie Edit Pro 2005, but the
problem continues. I have connected my VCR via scart to svhs.

Any suggestions.

Regards

Andy

System

Asus P4P 800-e deluxe M'board
2 x sata 160gd raid
1GB dual channel Ram
Plextor PX 16a DVD recorder
Intel P4 2.6 800mhz

More about : unable capture vhs

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 2:31:48 PM

MM rarely works with analogue, so I'd forget this route. Can you set the
input in pinnacle to the graphics card? If so, is the scart lead a two way
one, most are in only and you need a switchable in and out one.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Video capture problem WDM capture driver" <Video capture problem WDM
capture driver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I am attempting to copy my videos onto my pc but cannot get picture the
> sound is ok. I occassionaly get a green screen also. I am using Gigabyte
> 6600gt vivo graphics card with Nvidia WDM video capture driver and is the
> latest version. The drivers are installed in device manager but the do
> share
> IRQ setting with 2 usb ports which may be the problem. I am using Movie
> Maker, pinnicale studio 9, virtualdub and now Movie Edit Pro 2005, but the
> problem continues. I have connected my VCR via scart to svhs.
>
> Any suggestions.
>
> Regards
>
> Andy
>
> System
>
> Asus P4P 800-e deluxe M'board
> 2 x sata 160gd raid
> 1GB dual channel Ram
> Plextor PX 16a DVD recorder
> Intel P4 2.6 800mhz
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 2:31:49 PM

Hi,

The drivers are recognized by the software, Pinnacle and M edit Pro. The
scart lead is swichable in/out.

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> MM rarely works with analogue, so I'd forget this route. Can you set the
> input in pinnacle to the graphics card? If so, is the scart lead a two way
> one, most are in only and you need a switchable in and out one.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "Video capture problem WDM capture driver" <Video capture problem WDM
> capture driver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> > I am attempting to copy my videos onto my pc but cannot get picture the
> > sound is ok. I occassionaly get a green screen also. I am using Gigabyte
> > 6600gt vivo graphics card with Nvidia WDM video capture driver and is the
> > latest version. The drivers are installed in device manager but the do
> > share
> > IRQ setting with 2 usb ports which may be the problem. I am using Movie
> > Maker, pinnicale studio 9, virtualdub and now Movie Edit Pro 2005, but the
> > problem continues. I have connected my VCR via scart to svhs.
> >
> > Any suggestions.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Andy
> >
> > System
> >
> > Asus P4P 800-e deluxe M'board
> > 2 x sata 160gd raid
> > 1GB dual channel Ram
> > Plextor PX 16a DVD recorder
> > Intel P4 2.6 800mhz

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 3:00:05 PM

Actually all you need are the drivers for the capture card,install the
software
from microsoft...Forget the 3rd party stuff.Go to windows media/downloads,
scroll to the encoder,download,download the codec installation package,also
get all the utilitys,the wmcap works great for previewing the vhs.Movie maker
in xp also will/could get involved.

!