Steam Friends

Sure would be nice to have steam friends login automatically, can this
be done?

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk
11 answers Last reply
More about steam friends

    Stri wrote:
    > For my purposes it would be very useful. Shame it's broken. You would
    > think Valve would have gotten it sorted by now.

    I expect they're too busy with their plans for world domination.

    "Stri" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
    > Sure would be nice to have steam friends login automatically, can this
    > be done?

    Mine won't even login! Friends is completely broken here :\
    McG.

    McGrandpa proclaimed...

    > Mine won't even login! Friends is completely broken here :\

    For my purposes it would be very useful. Shame it's broken. You would
    think Valve would have gotten it sorted by now.

    --
    "Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

    www.stri.tk

    "Stri" wrote

    > Nah it's ok. Just wondering if anyone knew something I didn't.

    We do :-)
    - but not it's related to the Friends Network

    - Peter

    Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...

    > Hey that's my Girls Network not Friends Network

    I thought I network required more than zero?

    --

    > McGrandpa proclaimed...
    >
    >> Mine won't even login! Friends is completely broken here :\
    >
    > For my purposes it would be very useful. Shame it's broken. You would
    > think Valve would have gotten it sorted by now.

    I think they're not even messing with it.
    McG.

    "Stri" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
    > McGrandpa proclaimed...
    >
    > > Mine won't even login! Friends is completely broken here :\
    >
    > For my purposes it would be very useful. Shame it's broken. You would
    > think Valve would have gotten it sorted by now.

    Hasn't worked for me (or anyone I believe) since a bout 2-3 weeks after
    release.

    It seemed to work ok for a bit, not sure what happened with it (probably
    overload of some kind).

    A little annoying as I usually have to play on random servers, knowing
    nobody, but oh well.

    Stri wrote:
    > Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...
    >
    > > Hey that's my Girls Network not Friends Network
    >
    > I thought I network required more than zero?

    At least I have a network although a passive one

    - Peter

    "Lief" wrote

    > A little annoying as I usually have to play on random servers, knowing
    > nobody, but oh well.

    McG and I is running XFire
    Worth a try?

    - Peter

    "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Lief" wrote
    >
    >> A little annoying as I usually have to play on random servers,
    >> knowing nobody, but oh well.
    >>
    > McG and I is running XFire
    > Worth a try?
    >
    > - Peter

    Also, most of us have swapped MSN Messenger handles, so we could run
    that as a last resort? It gets a little messy on MSN Messenger with a
    couple dozen Friends active. You're right though, XFire is there, and
    it's designed for this sort of thing :)
    McG.

    McGrandpa wrote:
    > "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Lief" wrote
    >>

    >>>A little annoying as I usually have to play on random servers,
    >>>knowing nobody, but oh well.
    >>>

    >>McG and I is running XFire
    >>Worth a try?
    >>
    >>- Peter
    >

    > Also, most of us have swapped MSN Messenger handles, so we could run
    > that as a last resort? It gets a little messy on MSN Messenger with a
    > couple dozen Friends active. You're right though, XFire is there, and
    > it's designed for this sort of thing :)
    > McG.

    If you use All Seeing Eye to find servers, you can add up to 3 Friends
    in the non-purchased ASE which searches all servers for the names of
    people. As long as eveyone uses the same name all the time, you an find
    them on any server no matter which game they are playing.
    Works adequately.
    --
    Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
    Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com

Login Games Steam Video Games