PhotoLapse: Freeware jpg to avi conversion for creating ti..

Archived from groups: alt.photography,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,rec.photo.digital,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

PhotoLapse can be found here: http://home.hccnet.nl/s.vd.palen

PhotoLapse is a totally free jpg sequence to avi convertor.
It needs no setup and it does not modify your registry.

Everyone has a digital photocamera nowadays so there is
no more excuse of not being able to create your own
timelapse movies.

How?
- Set your digital camera in the lowest resolution
- Pick a subject that changes slow over time (like the clouds)
- Make sure your in a comfortable position and that your
camera is steady
- Take a photo every 10 seconds or so.
- When done making your photosequence download them
to a folder on your pc.
- Start up PhotoLapse and a few clicks later you've got your movie.

Hope you like it,
Stephan van der Palen

SVP wrote:

> PhotoLapse can be found here: http://home.hccnet.nl/s.vd.palen
>
> PhotoLapse is a totally free jpg sequence to avi convertor.
> It needs no setup and it does not modify your registry.
>
> Everyone has a digital photocamera nowadays so there is
> no more excuse of not being able to create your own
> timelapse movies.
>
> How?
> - Set your digital camera in the lowest resolution
> - Pick a subject that changes slow over time (like the clouds)
> - Make sure your in a comfortable position and that your
> camera is steady
> - Take a photo every 10 seconds or so.
> - When done making your photosequence download them
> to a folder on your pc.
> - Start up PhotoLapse and a few clicks later you've got your movie.
>
> Hope you like it,
> Stephan van der Palen

any bettre that Slide Show Movie Maker
--

if I haven't given a url with my answer, try typing the keywords into
www.google.com

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

The software looks good from the description on the site but just visiting
the site loads the Gain advertiser on your system, I am still trying to get
rid of it.

"SVP" <s.vd.palen@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
> PhotoLapse can be found here: http://home.hccnet.nl/s.vd.palen
>
> PhotoLapse is a totally free jpg sequence to avi convertor.
> It needs no setup and it does not modify your registry.
>
> Everyone has a digital photocamera nowadays so there is
> no more excuse of not being able to create your own
> timelapse movies.
>
> How?
> - Set your digital camera in the lowest resolution
> - Pick a subject that changes slow over time (like the clouds)
> - Make sure your in a comfortable position and that your
> camera is steady
> - Take a photo every 10 seconds or so.
> - When done making your photosequence download them
> to a folder on your pc.
> - Start up PhotoLapse and a few clicks later you've got your movie.
>
> Hope you like it,
> Stephan van der Palen

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Thanks for the heads-up!

I just Googled for Gain Advertiser and found this right at the top:
http://www.pchell.com/support/gator.shtml

It claims to tell you how to get rid of Gain Advertiser...

I don't know if this will help you, but anyway, good luck!

Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

"phillean" <phillean@removenospam.netspeed.com.au> wrote in message news:<40f44a55$1@mail.netspeed.com.au>...
> The software looks good from the description on the site but just visiting
> the site loads the Gain advertiser on your system, I am still trying to get
> rid of it.

Please don't occuse me for spreading "Gain advertiser"
My site is build in html with only a few lines of javascript.
I've had more than 50000 visitors in the last few years and never
heard of a problem.

btw.
Indeed Photolapse seems to give errors on Win98.
I'm investigating it.

Best regards,
Stephan

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Will this tool convert a mjpeg file like that created by Matrox
rainbow runner to an avi file?

tks
Don

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

In article <e089cfd6.0407120754.72e2dedc@posting.google.com>, SVP
<s.vd.palen@hccnet.nl> writes
>PhotoLapse can be found here: http://home.hccnet.nl/s.vd.palen
>
>PhotoLapse is a totally free jpg sequence to avi convertor.
>It needs no setup and it does not modify your registry.
>
>Everyone has a digital photocamera nowadays so there is
>no more excuse of not being able to create your own
>timelapse movies.
>
>How?
>- Set your digital camera in the lowest resolution
>- Pick a subject that changes slow over time (like the clouds)
>- Make sure your in a comfortable position and that your
> camera is steady
>- Take a photo every 10 seconds or so.
>- When done making your photosequence download them
> to a folder on your pc.
>- Start up PhotoLapse and a few clicks later you've got your movie.

For me it crashes on startup, Run time error 52, Bad file name or
number. (Win98SE)
--
Tim Mitchell

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

my apologies if I was wrong,

I visited your site again without any problems, no pop ups so they must have
come from somewhere else that I wasn't aware of

your pdf creation programs look very interesting.

phil

> "phillean" <phillean@removenospam.netspeed.com.au> wrote in message
> > The software looks good from the description on the site but just
visiting
> > the site loads the Gain advertiser on your system, I am still trying to
get
> > rid of it.
>
> Please don't occuse me for spreading "Gain advertiser"
> My site is build in html with only a few lines of javascript.
> I've had more than 50000 visitors in the last few years and never
> heard of a problem.
>
> btw.
> Indeed Photolapse seems to give errors on Win98.
> I'm investigating it.
>
> Best regards,
> Stephan

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Thanks for retracting the warning about SVP's site.

But if the link in my post earlier in the thread can help you get
rid of the Gain adware, that's still good :)

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Gino

Thanks for the posting the link, I ran a couple programs I rememberered I
had, Spybot Search and Destroy, and Spyware Blaster to make sure everything
was gone.

Phil