Movies made with Windows movie maker wont play on dvd play..

I am very new to this so please bear with me. I have made my first video and
have done some basic editing with Windows movie maker 2.1. I saved it as a
DV
AVI file as I had read on here to do. But the problem is when I burn the cd
it won't play on another computer or on a regular dvd player. Please Help
--
Jim

After you've saved as a DV-AVI, then you go to your DVD burning software...
open it up, import the file and tell it to make your DVD. Nero, Roxio,
PowerProducer, WinDVD Creator, Sonic MyDVD etc
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"scotchie" <scotchie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am very new to this so please bear with me. I have made my first video
>and
> have done some basic editing with Windows movie maker 2.1. I saved it as
> DV
> AVI file as I had read on here to do. But the problem is when I burn the
> cd
> it won't play on another computer or on a regular dvd player. Please Help
> --
> Jim

Or if you don't have a dvd writer, just follow Cari's instructions for
making a vcd/svcd on a cd.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media