Newbie: How to copy a dvd that I made?

This question has to be too simple. I just can't find the answer!

I have Vegas 4 and I made a home movie DVD. I wanted to free up some
hard drive space and got rid of my files once it was done. I would
like to make a copy of my DVD and can't figure out how to do it. Can
someone help?

Thanks,
Rich Voss
5 answers Last reply
More about newbie copy made

    Rich:
    Copy the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders to an empty folder on your hard
    drive, then open your DVD burning software and show it where the VIDEO_TS
    folder is. IF your software will burn from DVD folders you should be set to
    go.
    If you need some software to try out (that works) download Nero Burning ROM,
    also just called Nero. If your DVD burner is recognized by Nero (most will)
    just drag the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder to Nero's VIDEO_TS folder and
    burn.

    UB

    "Rich Voss" <richvoss@msn.com> wrote in message
    > This question has to be too simple. I just can't find the answer!
    >
    > I have Vegas 4 and I made a home movie DVD. I wanted to free up some
    > hard drive space and got rid of my files once it was done. I would
    > like to make a copy of my DVD and can't figure out how to do it. Can
    > someone help?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rich Voss

    I usually just use DVD Decrypter to rip the files back to the hard drive. You
    might not need to do this with unencrypted DVD, but I still find DVD Decrypter
    the easiest way to do this. And it is free.

    richvoss@msn.com (Rich Voss) wrote:
    > This question has to be too simple. I just can't find the
    > answer!
    >
    > I have Vegas 4 and I made a home movie DVD. I wanted to free
    > up some hard drive space and got rid of my files once it was
    > done. I would like to make a copy of my DVD and can't figure
    > out how to do it. Can someone help?

    Sometimes the easiest solution eludes us because it just
    seems too simple. All modern burning software (Roxio or Nero)
    includes a "copy disk" function. Set the source drive and the
    destination drive both to designate your DVD burner and insert
    your original DVD. After the software scans-in your original,
    it will pop open the drive and prompt you to insert a blank,
    burning an exact copy.

    "Rich Voss" <richvoss@msn.com> wrote in message
    > This question has to be too simple. I just can't find the answer!
    >
    > I have Vegas 4 and I made a home movie DVD. I wanted to free up some
    > hard drive space and got rid of my files once it was done. I would
    > like to make a copy of my DVD and can't figure out how to do it. Can
    > someone help?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rich Voss

    Nero. DVD-Copy [second choice on the DVD menu]. Or most any other burner
    software that supports your burner. Your home-made dvd isn't copy protected, so
    it's just a normal dvd copy operation.

    Thanks for all the help! This was the simplest and easiest to do as I
    could burn it using DVD architect that came with my vegas 4.

    Thanks again!!
    Rich

    "Steve" <uncle499@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<ReFIc.204201$DG4.103143@fe2.columbus.rr.com>...
    > Rich:
    > Copy the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders to an empty folder on your hard
    > drive, then open your DVD burning software and show it where the VIDEO_TS
    > folder is. IF your software will burn from DVD folders you should be set to
    > go.
    > If you need some software to try out (that works) download Nero Burning ROM,
    > also just called Nero. If your DVD burner is recognized by Nero (most will)
    > just drag the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder to Nero's VIDEO_TS folder and
    > burn.
    >
    > UB
    >
    > "Rich Voss" <richvoss@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > This question has to be too simple. I just can't find the answer!
    > >
    > > I have Vegas 4 and I made a home movie DVD. I wanted to free up some
    > > hard drive space and got rid of my files once it was done. I would
    > > like to make a copy of my DVD and can't figure out how to do it. Can
    > > someone help?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Rich Voss

Tuner Cards DVD Graphics