firewire PCI card incompatability with windows

I have Windows XP home ( no SP2) and when I install a "Skymaster" firewire
card, Windows does not boot up again.The instructions indicate it is
compatable with Windows XP home. Any ideas what to do? Will installing SP2
solve this?

Maybe you got a defective firewire card. Happens.
Can you check it in another computer? Or return it as bad.

"Aussiemozzie" <Aussiemozzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows XP home ( no SP2) and when I install a "Skymaster" firewire
> card, Windows does not boot up again.The instructions indicate it is
> compatable with Windows XP home. Any ideas what to do? Will installing
> SP2
> solve this?

SP2 won't solve a hardware problem.
Try the card in another PCI slot farther away from the CPU.
Slot 4 or 5 will work, make sure the card is seated properly.
If it still doesn't work, take the card back for a more mainstream
brand; Belkin, ect.
Best,
Treeman

--