Tmpgenc and File Size

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I am using Tmpgenc to encode some video files. The files sizes are too
large to fit on a standard CD. Is there a way to get Tmpgenc to cut it down
to 700 Mb for the file or can anyone recommend a good program to slice this
video into pieces?

Thanks,

Dave@tcon.net

In article <jtadncWnx_81hWnd4p2dnA@comcast.com>, psycho@asylum.com
says...
> I am using Tmpgenc to encode some video files. The files sizes are too
> large to fit on a standard CD. Is there a way to get Tmpgenc to cut it down
> to 700 Mb for the file or can anyone recommend a good program to slice this
> video into pieces?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave@tcon.net

Use the job wizard, you can set the final file size on one of the
settings pages.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

"Chris Phillipo" <cphillipo@ramsays-online.com> wrote in message

> Use the job wizard, you can set the final file size on one of the
> settings pages.

My copy calls it "project wizard"

In article <3qWdnS7qcK-iIGnd4p2dnA@comcast.com>, psycho@asylum.com
says...

> I am using version 2.521.58.169 and I do not see a setting for that. When I
> try to encode a file that exceeds the file size I do get an error message
> that says "The MPEG file you are about to create may exceed the file size of
> Media you are going to write to, thus you may not be able to write the data
> onto the disk.
>
> Do you wish to continue? Yes or No
>
> What version are you guys using?
>
> Dave

Under File -> Project Wizard. That is the same version I have here. In
page 4 of 5 of the wizard is the bitrate setting and it automatically
adjusts for the media you picked in page 1.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

If you are making VCD or SVCD disks then you can put 795 MByte on a standard
80 minute CDR, as they are burned in mode 2 which uses less error correction
and has more space for the video file.

Use the project wizard, or search for a bitrate calculator and find the
average bitrate you need to fill the disk.

Mike T

"Dave" <psycho@asylum.com> wrote in message
> I am using Tmpgenc to encode some video files. The files sizes are too
> large to fit on a standard CD. Is there a way to get Tmpgenc to cut it
down
> to 700 Mb for the file or can anyone recommend a good program to slice
this
> video into pieces?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave@tcon.net

"Dave" <psycho@asylum.com> wrote in

> I am using Tmpgenc to encode some video files. The files sizes are
> too large to fit on a standard CD. Is there a way to get Tmpgenc to
> cut it down to 700 Mb for the file or can anyone recommend a good
> program to slice this video into pieces?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave@tcon.net

What format & size video files are you encoding? What format are you
encoding to?

Tom