perl

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2001

Hi list,

I have converted some of VHS tapes on a dvd using Panasonic DVD/VHS recorder
(DMR-ES30VS) for editing purpose and now those dvd's will not play on any
other dvd player? pc won;t see anything in those dvds.

Guys any idea would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Did you use DVD RAM format?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Perl" <go@come.com> wrote in message
> Hi list,
>
> I have converted some of VHS tapes on a dvd using Panasonic DVD/VHS
> recorder
> (DMR-ES30VS) for editing purpose and now those dvd's will not play on any
> other dvd player? pc won;t see anything in those dvds.
>
> Guys any idea would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks a lot

Did you use a DVD authoring program to make the DVD's? If you merely copied
the files to a DVD, then they won't be recognized as a DVD. A DVD has to be
authored within the standard, and unless you used a program designed to
write a standard DVD...

Bobby

"Perl" <go@come.com> wrote in message
> Hi list,
>
> I have converted some of VHS tapes on a dvd using Panasonic DVD/VHS
> recorder
> (DMR-ES30VS) for editing purpose and now those dvd's will not play on any
> other dvd player? pc won;t see anything in those dvds.
>
> Guys any idea would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks a lot

perl

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2001

Cari,

Thanks for your reply. I just used the recorder to burn DVD's . I was not
sure if there is anohter step? Any Idea how can I now fix it. Do I need to
used these dvd's back in the same recorder?

thanks

> Did you use DVD RAM format?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Perl" <go@come.com> wrote in message
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I have converted some of VHS tapes on a dvd using Panasonic DVD/VHS
> > recorder
> > (DMR-ES30VS) for editing purpose and now those dvd's will not play on
any
> > other dvd player? pc won;t see anything in those dvds.
> >
> > Guys any idea would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks a lot

Which recording software did you use?
--

Perl Wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have converted some of VHS tapes on a dvd using Panasonic DVD/VHS
> recorder
> (DMR-ES30VS) for editing purpose and now those dvd's will not play on
> any
> other dvd player? pc won;t see anything in those dvds.
>
> Guys any idea would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks a lot

For all of your video burning needs, go to http://www.videohelp.com/. I
learned how to do all sorts of neat stuffs with my anime collection. I
am sure you will find information there as well. Good luck!

--
Evolution54