Windows Movie Maker

How do you end the movie before the timeline? The movie is only 1 minute
long but the timeline is over 3 minutes long and the music keeps playing on a
black screen. Version 5.1
--
Terry
4 answers Last reply

    Movie & Music must be same length. If using pics...try increasing amount of
    pics or increase length of time each pic is to be shown in options box.
    --
    Kim

    "Terry" wrote:

    > How do you end the movie before the timeline? The movie is only 1 minute
    > long but the timeline is over 3 minutes long and the music keeps playing on a
    > black screen. Version 5.1
    > --
    > Terry

    The length was designated before the music was added. I need to find a way
    to stop the whole thing in the middle of the music. I can do it in another
    movie maker program.
    --
    Terry

    "Kim" wrote:

    > Movie & Music must be same length. If using pics...try increasing amount of
    > pics or increase length of time each pic is to be shown in options box.
    > --
    > Kim
    >

    > "Terry" wrote:
    >
    > > How do you end the movie before the timeline? The movie is only 1 minute
    > > long but the timeline is over 3 minutes long and the music keeps playing on a
    > > black screen. Version 5.1
    > > --
    > > Terry

    Movie Maker will show you an "ideal length" (for lack of a better phrase).
    You do not have to make your movie that length. I looped music into my first
    movie (made of pics). At the end of the movie, the music continued to play,
    just as yours did, on a black screen. When the music finished playing, the
    movie went back to the beginning. I only left about 30 seconds of music
    playing after the ending credits.
    --
    Kim

    "Terry" wrote:

    > The length was designated before the music was added. I need to find a way
    > to stop the whole thing in the middle of the music. I can do it in another
    > movie maker program.
    > --
    > Terry
    >

    > "Kim" wrote:
    >
    > > Movie & Music must be same length. If using pics...try increasing amount of
    > > pics or increase length of time each pic is to be shown in options box.
    > > --
    > > Kim
    > >

    > > "Terry" wrote:
    > >
    > > > How do you end the movie before the timeline? The movie is only 1 minute
    > > > long but the timeline is over 3 minutes long and the music keeps playing on a
    > > > black screen. Version 5.1
    > > > --
    > > > Terry

    You could also try editing your music file using a shareware program like
    Audacity which would let you sorten your music or split it into two separate
    tracks and then use the edited music files in your movie.

    "Terry" wrote:

    > How do you end the movie before the timeline? The movie is only 1 minute
    > long but the timeline is over 3 minutes long and the music keeps playing on a
    > black screen. Version 5.1
    > --
    > Terry

Video Movies Windows Movie Maker Microsoft Windows XP