Steam announcements

Last response: in Video Games
August 6, 2005 3:04:48 PM

When I started steam today I got a message about day of defeat source...
and what was the other game being planned? I closed the window and now I
can't find a single reference to this other game anywhere on the internet.

More about : steam announcements

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 3:04:49 PM

That's because it was all a fig newton of yer imagination.... Smoke
Camels not that funny stuff.... :)

--

"The Buffalo Theory"

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest
buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest
and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This
natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because
the general speed and health of the whole group keeps
improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as
fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of
alcohol, as we know, kill brain cells. But naturally,
it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.
In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the
weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more
efficient machine! That's why you always feel smarter
after a few beers.
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 3:04:49 PM

AABNE wrote:
> When I started steam today I got a message about day of defeat source...
> and what was the other game being planned? I closed the window and now I
> can't find a single reference to this other game anywhere on the internet.

.....Here we go.............

Friday, August 5 2005

While we know we're starting to sound a little like a broken record,
Lost Coast, Day of Defeat, and Aftermath are in the final phases of
development and being polished for release. While the latter two aren't
quite at the point where we can nail down an exact release date, we're
expecting to have Lost Coast ready in a couple of weeks.

One of the interesting features we added to Lost Coast is a commentary
system, where you'll be able to hear first-hand some of the background
on the features and choices in Lost Coast from the team responsible for
building it. If this is something that goes over well with the
community, we'll be adding it into our future titles.

We'll also be releasing a new SAS model for Counter-Strike: Source in
the very near future. Here are a couple of screenshots of what it looks
like currently.

Finally, next week we'll have an announcement of another new game that
will be coming to Steam that wasn't built here at Valve.

© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. Valve, Half-Life,
Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, and Source are trademarks and/or
registered trademarks of Valve Corporation.

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
August 6, 2005 3:04:49 PM

[...]

August 7, 2005 3:38:53 AM

"Ben Cottrell" <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote in message
> AABNE wrote:
>> When I started steam today I got a message about day of defeat
>> source... and what was the other game being planned? I closed the
>> window and now I can't find a single reference to this other game
>> anywhere on the internet.
>

> ....Here we go.............
>

> Friday, August 5 2005
>
> While we know we're starting to sound a little like a broken record,
> Lost Coast, Day of Defeat, and Aftermath are in the final phases of
> development and being polished for release. While the latter two
> aren't quite at the point where we can nail down an exact release
> date, we're expecting to have Lost Coast ready in a couple of weeks.
>
> One of the interesting features we added to Lost Coast is a commentary
> system, where you'll be able to hear first-hand some of the background
> on the features and choices in Lost Coast from the team responsible
> for building it. If this is something that goes over well with the
> community, we'll be adding it into our future titles.
>
> We'll also be releasing a new SAS model for Counter-Strike: Source in
> the very near future. Here are a couple of screenshots of what it
> looks like currently.
>

> Finally, next week we'll have an announcement of another new game that
> will be coming to Steam that wasn't built here at Valve.
>
> © Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. Valve, Half-Life,
> Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, and Source are trademarks and/or
> registered trademarks of Valve Corporation.
>

> --
> Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

According to PC Gamer the other new game is Sin Episodes:
http://www.ritual.com/

Malc
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 3:40:11 AM

Cannon Fodder wrote:
> That's because it was all a fig newton of yer imagination.... Smoke
> Camels not that funny stuff.... :)

I TOLD YOU I SAW IT IT WAS REAL
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 2:51:32 PM

Malc wrote:
>>Finally, next week we'll have an announcement of another new game that
>>will be coming to Steam that wasn't built here at Valve.

> According to PC Gamer the other new game is Sin Episodes:
> http://www.ritual.com/
>
> Malc

You haven't been paying attention to the Steam Updates.

Sin: Episodes has ALREADY been announced via the Steam News Updates a
few weeks ago. If this has already been said in a past update, then
Valve are saying that ANOTHER game is going to be distributed by Steam,
one that hasn't been announced yet.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 12:20:13 AM

"AABNE" <noemail@hotmail.com> wrote
> > That's because it was all a fig newton of yer imagination....
> > Smoke Camels not that funny stuff.... :)
>
> I TOLD YOU I SAW IT IT WAS REAL

Prove it.
*Yank yank*
--