I have seen 2500mAh AA cells in Walmart now!

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 28, 2004 9:26:07 PM

For all you die-hard AA battery lovers yet!

More about : 2500mah cells walmart

Anonymous
December 29, 2004 9:18:49 PM

"Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
| For all you die-hard AA battery lovers yet!

Congratulations on finally catching up. I bought a set of 2500mAh AAs in
May, here in Glasgow (UK).
December 29, 2004 9:44:24 PM

Am I correct in thinking that if you have a 2200mAh charger, then it
will only charge higher powered batteries to 2200mAH?

colin. <colin###@###j0o.com> wrote:
:
:"Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
:news:qPydnc3UqbqBdkzcRVn-uw@golden.net...
:| For all you die-hard AA battery lovers yet!
:
:Congratulations on finally catching up. I bought a set of 2500mAh AAs in
:May, here in Glasgow (UK).
:
:
December 29, 2004 9:44:25 PM

It depends on the charger. Cheaper ones use simple timers
for their charging cycles, and these will not fully charge
batteries with a higher capacity on a single cycle. Better
chargers actually measure resistence from the batteries and
will continue to charge them until they reach full capacity.

"Bob" <am_dew@REMOVepanixThis.com> wrote in message news:cqutu8$e3m$1@reader1.panix.com...
> Am I correct in thinking that if you have a 2200mAh charger, then it
> will only charge higher powered batteries to 2200mAH?
>
> colin. <colin###@###j0o.com> wrote:
> :
> :"Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
> :news:qPydnc3UqbqBdkzcRVn-uw@golden.net...
> :| For all you die-hard AA battery lovers yet!
> :
> :Congratulations on finally catching up. I bought a set of 2500mAh AAs in
> :May, here in Glasgow (UK).
> :
> :

Anonymous
December 29, 2004 10:24:42 PM

Sure, but your Amperes are much smaller in the UK than in Canada. It's a
metrication thing. Our Amperes are a full coulohm per second and not a
European one. You will catch on to that some day too. I am surprised UK
people have ever seen a full Ampere out of their one receptical. I know they
had to lower the frequency to 50Hz because of overloading when they raised
the compensatory voltage in the Council flats.

LOL
"colin." <colin###@###j0o.com> wrote in message
news:D yCAd.677$1c.471@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

> "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
> | For all you die-hard AA battery lovers yet!
>
> Congratulations on finally catching up. I bought a set of 2500mAh AAs in
> May, here in Glasgow (UK).

December 29, 2004 11:02:22 PM

Thanks for the info. The charger I have is the CTA DC-1HK

http://www.ctadigital.com/charger/onehourcharger.html

I've charged 2400mAH AA in them and they seem to work just fine. I
doubt if anyone would ever be able to tell the difference in the life
of 2200mAH and 2400mAH in normal usage, so it's not worth any concern I
guess.

In article <33gf65F3vpp5iU1@individual.net>, Mike <me@privacy.net> wrote:
:It depends on the charger. Cheaper ones use simple timers
:for their charging cycles, and these will not fully charge
:batteries with a higher capacity on a single cycle. Better
:chargers actually measure resistence from the batteries and
:will continue to charge them until they reach full capacity.
:
:"Bob" <am_dew@REMOVepanixThis.com> wrote in message news:cqutu8$e3m$1@reader1.panix.com...
:> Am I correct in thinking that if you have a 2200mAh charger, then it
:> will only charge higher powered batteries to 2200mAH?
:>
:> colin. <colin###@###j0o.com> wrote:
:> :
:> :"Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
:> :news:qPydnc3UqbqBdkzcRVn-uw@golden.net...
:> :| For all you die-hard AA battery lovers yet!
:> :
:> :Congratulations on finally catching up. I bought a set of 2500mAh AAs in
:> :May, here in Glasgow (UK).
:> :
:> :
:>
:>
:
:
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 11:33:11 PM

Bob wrote:
> Am I correct in thinking that if you have a 2200mAh charger, then it
> will only charge higher powered batteries to 2200mAH?

Nope. First, depends on what kind of charger do you have. If it's slow type,
like 10 or more hours, you just keep new batteries a few hours longer than
olc ones. However if you have quick one, it doesn't matter anyway, since
onyl thing it will happen is that higher capacity cells will take more time
to charge - let's say you have 2200 mAh cells and charger to charge them in
1 hour...so if you put 2500 ones in, it won't take 1 hour, but somewhat
longer, say 1.2 hours. In any case to get really full charge from quick
charger it's always good idea to keep them in chrger after charging is
already finished and let trickle charging fill them up to 100%.
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 11:17:11 PM

Boy Howdy!! I'm definitely getting me some. I've been using those
"digital"2000mah with the one hour charger. They do a pretty good job. So
the newer ones should be even better.
!