is there any way to burn home movies to DVD from a digital video camera using
Windows Movie Maker?

No.
Movie Maker is a video editing programme.
You need a dvd authoring programme, such as nero/roxio/ulead do some/tmpgdvd
author many more.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"pattyann" <pattyann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is there any way to burn home movies to DVD from a digital video camera
> using
> Windows Movie Maker?

Thanks Graham...now, I hope you can help me more... we copied our home movies
to Win movie maker... is there any way to get them over to Click to DVD or
Nero? Hope you can help.

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> No.
> Movie Maker is a video editing programme.
> You need a dvd authoring programme, such as nero/roxio/ulead do some/tmpgdvd
> author many more.
>
> Graham
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "pattyann" <pattyann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > is there any way to burn home movies to DVD from a digital video camera
> > using
> > Windows Movie Maker?

Save the movie file as a dv-avi,
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutorials/MovieMaker/TutorialsMovieMaker.htm
then open nero adn import the dv-avi file adn run through the wizard on
making dvd's. If you don't know how to do this, then check out neros
tutorials here
http://www.nero.com/eng/Tutorials.html
I don't use it for this, so am not 100% sure of exact way.

Graham