Video card with S Video in and over 1024 Pixels Resolution

Folks:

I hooked up my Xbox to my PC to play online using my monitor, only to find
out that my NVidia Geforce4 Ti 4200 can only display a max resolution of
720x480 through my capture software, and this ain't good enough for me. Does
somebody know of any specific card/adapter TV Tuner that has an S Video
input and could give me resolution over 1024 pixels under $100.

Thanks,
Alonso
3 answers Last reply
More about video card video 1024 pixels resolution

    ATI video capture runs about 50.00,or you might find a low cost all-in wonder
    card,wal mart even carries them.

    "Alonso" wrote:

    > Folks:
    >
    > I hooked up my Xbox to my PC to play online using my monitor, only to find
    > out that my NVidia Geforce4 Ti 4200 can only display a max resolution of
    > 720x480 through my capture software, and this ain't good enough for me. Does
    > somebody know of any specific card/adapter TV Tuner that has an S Video
    > input and could give me resolution over 1024 pixels under $100.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Alonso

    Thanks for the advice Andrew but it's not just the capture card I need. I'm
    interested in the high resolution. I've been looking around on the net and
    haven't found one between $50-100$...

    > ATI video capture runs about 50.00,or you might find a low cost all-in
    wonder
    > card,wal mart even carries them.
    >
    > "Alonso" wrote:
    >
    > > Folks:
    > >
    > > I hooked up my Xbox to my PC to play online using my monitor, only to
    find
    > > out that my NVidia Geforce4 Ti 4200 can only display a max resolution of
    > > 720x480 through my capture software, and this ain't good enough for me.
    Does
    > > somebody know of any specific card/adapter TV Tuner that has an S Video
    > > input and could give me resolution over 1024 pixels under $100.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Alonso

    There are several ATI cards with HDTV Output but I don't think you'll find
    any with input as high as you want. They are only analog capture and it's
    limited to 720 x 480.

    Best thing would be to get a NIC adapter for your XBox and a router for your
    DSL connection and network the PC and the XBox so that you can go online
    with the XBox and leave the PC for someone else to use.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Alonso" <theordeal@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the advice Andrew but it's not just the capture card I need.
    > I'm
    > interested in the high resolution. I've been looking around on the net and
    > haven't found one between $50-100$...
    >

    > "Andrew E." <eckrichco@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> ATI video capture runs about 50.00,or you might find a low cost all-in
    > wonder
    >> card,wal mart even carries them.
    >>
    >> "Alonso" wrote:
    >>
    >> > Folks:
    >> >
    >> > I hooked up my Xbox to my PC to play online using my monitor, only to
    > find
    >> > out that my NVidia Geforce4 Ti 4200 can only display a max resolution
    >> > of
    >> > 720x480 through my capture software, and this ain't good enough for me.
    > Does
    >> > somebody know of any specific card/adapter TV Tuner that has an S Video
    >> > input and could give me resolution over 1024 pixels under $100.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> > Alonso

Video Resolution Graphics Cards Windows XP