video card problem

hi im trying to install a radeon 9200se on my pc when i install the card and
its drivers the monitor sits in standby the computer is doing its bit but
nothing on screen i also cant find any on board video card listed to turn off
or anything that resembles video card/graphics in device mgr pls help
--
ta

When the pc starts up, press F5/8, or whatever you need to, to get into the
safe mode start up screen.
Choose VGA mode.

Graham

--