Ruben

I am using VirtualDub to capture video clips from VHS, then I am editing
the head and tail of each video clip with VD and saving as a new file. My
question is: does this effect the quality of the .avi - IOW, is the quality
degraded by this kind of editing, and should I be doing this some other
way?

--
Ruben

Rich

"Ruben" <psychobuffalo@sillyspamspoileryahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am using VirtualDub to capture video clips from VHS, then I am editing
> the head and tail of each video clip with VD and saving as a new file. My
> question is: does this effect the quality of the .avi - IOW, is the
quality
> degraded by this kind of editing, and should I be doing this some other
> way?
>

> --
> Ruben

It should not affect the quality as the .AVI is not being rendered. I have
not noticed any difference in quality when cutting or joining with VD.

Rich

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

just make sure that Video is set to Direct Stream Copy

"Ruben" <psychobuffalo@sillyspamspoileryahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am using VirtualDub to capture video clips from VHS, then I am editing
> the head and tail of each video clip with VD and saving as a new file. My
> question is: does this effect the quality of the .avi - IOW, is the
> quality
> degraded by this kind of editing, and should I be doing this some other
> way?
>

> --
> Ruben

Ruben

"Tony" <tdale@xtra.co.nz> wrote in

> just make sure that Video is set to Direct Stream Copy

Thanks guys!

--
Ruben