Hi,
I need help. I am trying to learn to use Movie Maker. Here are the million
questions:
1. I tried all the updates and still not sure if I have Movie Maker 2, It
says in "about us" I have version 5.1 then it says Movie Maker Version 2.1.
Do I have the latest?

2. Then I import some clips, which I copied from a DVD. First I could not
see the clip on the screen, then I could. Then I drag the clip to the story
board and the whole program freezes. I can view the clips using the Media
Player 10, so it must be compatible.

Can anyone help??? I cannot learn the program unless I can get by the first
stages !! Thank you,
Enio

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
www.dvds2treasure.com
www.simplydv.com

"Enio Sacilotto" <EnioSacilotto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I need help. I am trying to learn to use Movie Maker. Here are the
> million
> questions:
> 1. I tried all the updates and still not sure if I have Movie Maker 2, It
> says in "about us" I have version 5.1 then it says Movie Maker Version
> 2.1.
> Do I have the latest?

Yes, 5.1 is Windows XP, MM is 2.1.

> 2. Then I import some clips, which I copied from a DVD. First I could
> not
> see the clip on the screen, then I could. Then I drag the clip to the
> story
> board and the whole program freezes. I can view the clips using the Media
> Player 10,

so it must be compatible. Why?

I'm afraid it isn't. MM is designed for editing dv-avi or wmv files, so you
need to conver the mpeg to one of these formats.